What's new

The Killers: Criterion Edition (1 Viewer)

Matt Everett

Stunt Coordinator
I found this on The Digital Bits today:

On 1/28, Criterion bows the 2-disc release of Ernest Hemingway's The Killers, featuring BOTH the 1946 Robert Siodmak-directed film version AND the 1964 Don Siegel-directed version (SRP $39.95). You'll get new digital transfers of each film, the 1949 radio adaptation, actor Stacy Keach reading the original short story, production and publicity stills, original essays, a music and effects only track for each, production correspondence and much more.

.....this is GREAT news for Noir fans! It seems like forever between noir releases. I got "The Big Knife" a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't seen much Noir in stores that I haven't already picked up. What Noir have you all bought lately?

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
This should make for some good fun on eBay when someone bids on The Killers, thinking that they're getting a great deal on the John Woo film. :)
DJ

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This is great news and for those interested, this review thread contains a review I wrote about "The Killers" several months ago. Sorry for all the spoilers, but I just added them because I don't know how many people actually seen the film. Here's another thread discussing film noirs on dvd.
Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks