The Killers: Criterion Edition

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Everett, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Matt Everett

Matt Everett Stunt Coordinator

I found this on The Digital Bits today:

On 1/28, Criterion bows the 2-disc release of Ernest Hemingway's The Killers, featuring BOTH the 1946 Robert Siodmak-directed film version AND the 1964 Don Siegel-directed version (SRP $39.95). You'll get new digital transfers of each film, the 1949 radio adaptation, actor Stacy Keach reading the original short story, production and publicity stills, original essays, a music and effects only track for each, production correspondence and much more.

.....this is GREAT news for Noir fans! It seems like forever between noir releases. I got "The Big Knife" a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't seen much Noir in stores that I haven't already picked up. What Noir have you all bought lately?

2. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell
    This should make for some good fun on eBay when someone bids on The Killers, thinking that they're getting a great deal on the John Woo film. [​IMG]
    DJ

3. Matt Everett

Matt Everett Stunt Coordinator

You're right! I didn't even think about that.

4. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This is great news and for those interested, this review thread contains a review I wrote about "The Killers" several months ago. Sorry for all the spoilers, but I just added them because I don't know how many people actually seen the film. Here's another thread discussing film noirs on dvd.
    Crawdaddy