What's new

Press Release Criterion Press Release: Beasts of No Nation (2015) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
KwcufB3P2S9l5e6g7eQitniSmR32hr_large.jpg
The nightmare of war is seen through the eyes of one of its most tragic casualties—a child soldier—in this harrowing vision of innocence lost from Cary Joji Fukunaga. Based on the acclaimed novel by Uzodinma Iweala, Beasts of No Nation unfolds in an unnamed, civil-war-torn West African country, where the young Agu (Abraham Attah, in a haunting debut performance) witnesses carnage in his village before falling captive to a band of rebel soldiers led by a ruthless commander (an explosive Idris Elba), who molds the boy into a hardened killer. Fukunaga’s relentlessly roving camera work and stunning visuals—realism so intensely visceral it borders on the surreal—immerse the viewer in a world of unimaginable horror without ever losing sight of the powerful human story at its center.

FILM INFO​

• United States
  • 136 minutes
  • Color
  • 2.39:1
  • English
  • Spine #1091

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES​

• 2K digital master, approved by director Cary Joji Fukunaga, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
  • New audio commentary featuring Fukunaga and first assistant director Jon Mallard
  • Two new documentaries on the development and making of the film, featuring interviews with Fukunaga; author Uzodinma Iweala; actors Idris Elba and Abraham Attah; and producers Amy Kaufman, Daniela Taplin Lundberg, and Riva Marker
  • New conversation between Fukunaga and producer and cultural commentator Franklin Leonard
  • New interview with costume designer Jenny Eagan
  • Trailer
  • English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • English descriptive audio
  • PLUS: An essay by film critic Robert Daniels
New cover by Nessim Higson

PURCHASE OPTIONS​

Coming soon, available Aug 31, 2021
BLU-RAY1 Disc$27.96SRP: $39.95
DVD2 Discs$20.96SRP: $29.95

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Excellent film!
I could only get through half of it before ejecting it (it was a SAG screener) from my player. Maybe I would have been more impressed if I hadn't seen the Kim Nguyen's superb REBELLE (U.S. title WAR WITCH and an Oscar nominee in the foreign language film category) two years earlier which covered the same territory and made the same points and was less "Hollywood".

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I could only get through half of it before ejecting it (it was a SAG screener) from my player. Maybe I would have been more impressed if I hadn't seen the Kim Nguyen's superb REBELLE (U.S. title WAR WITCH and an Oscar nominee in the foreign language film category) two years earlier which covered the same territory and made the same points and was less "Hollywood".
Idris Elba adds much to the film.
I also liked War Witch very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks