What's new

The Iron Giant SE - Due 9/7/04 (1 Viewer)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
This looks like it's going to be a great release! I saw this movie only once on DVD, so I will probably pick this up sometime this year. Glad it's not in a snapper. I just saw a Scooby Doo cartoon in a keepcase the other day, so it looks like snappers are on the verge of being phased out.

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
Good times! I remember when MGM did this. It was still early enough days that I was able to buy the keepcase version (same UPC) then return the opened snapper I had with the receipt and get my credit back!

Does anyone even allow opened DVDs anymore?

Of course, the vast majority of my snappers have all been converted to Thinpaks or custom covers*, and all that's left are the four Vacation movies in their slipcase. But I guess down the road, even that box set will be converted to be like the Marx Bros. set!

So, what happened to Ivy Hill, anyway?

CDE,

CS

* I made customs for Devil's Advocate, Iron Giant, and a Little Shop of Horrors double feature (still in progress)

GeoffBr

Agent
Is it just me or does this seem like an odd choice of release date for an Incredibles tie-in? It seems like if they were really trying to capitalize on Bird's new movie, they could've picked a date far closer to the November release of his movie. Or maybe I'm just missing something...

Andy Patrizio

Stunt Coordinator
Guys, it's a snapper. The art from WHV clearly indicates a snapper, and I got this right off the WHV publicity site:

>Packaging Type: DVD tray (FLP snapper)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I think I'm gonna go with Patrick's word on this one. He's got the art to back it up, you don't. All the art at the online retailers I've seen are just the cover art, no case in the picture.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Actually, everywhere else has snapper art up. The image that Patrick posted is the only time I've seen it in a keepcase and the quality is rather poor at that.

Andy Patrizio

Stunt Coordinator
Got yer box shot right here. Came directly from Warner and it's clearly a snapper.

And if you don't believe me, Tom has the same art on DVDAnswers.

Ricard Casselha

Stunt Coordinator
Many press-photos of Warner Bros. movies have a packshot where the case is a snapper. But when it is released, it's released as a keep-case.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Delayed until the 16th November I'm afraid. But the good news is that the artwork is definately now an amaray case ;)

Travis W.

Second Unit
I'm actually happy this was delayed until November 16. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the disc but September 7 was WAY too crowded for my tastes.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Was just about to look for the original but found this. Guess I'll wait until November :)

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
What's really weird is that Warner has sent this out for review as if it were still planned for Tuesday. It's going to be a long wait until Nov. 16.

Hughes' letter is an easter egg on this SE, too. Based on reviews I've read, this SE does appear to be identical to the R3 release. For example, the bios note that Ted Hughes died in 1998, but they don't note that composer Michael Kamen died last year, which gives credence to beliefs that this has been ready to go (and thus not updated) for a while.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
So its still due Nov 16th? I hate those snapper cases! My first copy of the Matrix broke and I left it so long I had to mc-gyver my own fixed up case (I cut out a centre section from a CD jewel case and glued it onto the DVD case). I just bought Risky Business and when I opened it up at home, of course, the centre part was broken so I had to return and exchange it. Of course, shame on me for buying a copy of Risky Business now, as I'm sure that DVD is due for a special edition or something or other soon.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
This sucker's actually for real this time - my review copy arrived this morning. Reviews are embargoed until Election Day, so I can't post any details other than a) it does exist, and b) it's in a keepcase.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
quote:Didn't I already post that?

Yeah, but I thought people would like absolute "disc in hand" confirmation. You didn't have the product with you, did you? Just trying to echo what you'd said and reinforce its correctness!
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks