What's new

The Hudsucker Proxy (1 Viewer)

Antonio Silva

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the current release is any good?

Should i buy it or is a new edition to be expected soon?

Thanks,

António

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
There is a new edition of 'Hudsucker Proxy' coming out?! SWEET! Can I have a link? link please :)
I am there. :D

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
There is no new edition planned, Rob. He was asking IF there was going to be one.

Raphael

Stunt Coordinator
In answer to the original poster's question:

I would be very, very surprised to hear of a SE edition of The Hudsucker Proxy, considering its relative obscurity and Warner's current state.

The current version is very adequate. The picture is so-so (a litte dark and grainy) but is 16x9 enhanced (there's a P&S version on the other side of the disc, for those who care). The image is clear, but the colors aren't as bright and saturated as you might hope they would be. It's got the "early DVD" look to it. The sound is adequate as well. Nothing terribly earth-shattering, but this is not really a movie you buy to show off your home theater system in the first place. Extras are completely non-existent (this movie begs for a commentary, too).

You should be able to get this disk for $15 or under, I believe, which is well worth it for a quite servicable version of one of my favorite movies of all time.

Mick Wright

Second Unit
The joke extras on Blood Simple make it clear the Coens have no desire to provide (serious) s.e. content. At most they've provided interviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks