What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Hudsucker Proxy -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The Coen's The Hudsucker Proxy begins to fill a Blu-ray gap. Domestically, missing in action at this time are Barton Fink (1991), The Man Who Wasn't There (2001), Intolerable Cruelty (2003) and The Ladykillers (2004). As the third WB Archive title in the Blu-ray format, things are looking very good toward future releases. Presumably struck from a beautifully produced IP, the resultant HD master looks generally superb. The liner notes position the film toward the likes of a Frank Capra or Preston Sturges film, and I can see that. Only in this case, it's seen very much through the very distinct eyes of the Coen brothers. A wonderfully entertaining film, that I'm actually surprised to see arrived via the Archive, but I don't care where it comes from, as long as it's available. A beautiful Blu-ray presentation, with audio in DTS-HD MA. Image - 4.25 Audio - 5 Highly Recommended, especially at a street price of under $20. RAH

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks