What's new

Directors The how many CDs do you have?....poll (1 Viewer)

WadeB

Stunt Coordinator
Last count about 300, but that was a while ago, so more like 400-450 now, and with no good place to put them. They are strewn everywhere! I have a much better handle on my small DVD collection. Is there a DVD profile equivalent for CDs?

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I think I have in the neighborhood of 750 with about another 30 SACD's. I buy about 3 discs a month on average.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I haven't counted in a long time. When we got married in 95, I think we had around 400. I've pretty much quit buying CD's but my wife still does. We probably have in the neighborhood of 600+.

A good 50 or more are her obsessive Counting Crows collection. She has a zillion concert bootlegs, import singles, etc.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
I have 1605 CDs, a bit of everything.

Blues, rock, Motown, country, folk, classical.

I have every Delbert McClinton, Ry Cooder, Eva Cassidy, and Emmylou Harris, and Lyle Lovett CD.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
In the time since my earlier post in this thread, my collection has grown to 119. Movie and video game soundtracks definitely dominate my collection now.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
zero
:laugh:
Holding out for hi-rez, huh, Bill?
I've got about 1300. Roughly speaking, 300 jazz, 400 classical, and the rest can be grouped into "popular music" (Soundtracks, rock, pop, R&B, dance, hip-hop, rap, metal, prog, and what have you).
Notice that the word 'Country' appeared not at all.
:)

Rand

Supporting Actor
I have around 4000, stopped counting years ago. But then I'm been buying them for a long time, I was an early adopter.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I've got close to 2400. Pretty much all styles & genres are represented in my collection.

Like many here, my CD buying has slowed down considerably over the past 4-5 years with the advent of DVD. Although now that SACD/DVD-A is on the menu, it's picking up again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks