What's new

The Hitman's Bodyguard (Red Band) (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Rated 14A in BC. I'll see this after Logan Lucky. Couldn't be any worse than the episodes of Rick and Morty that I recently watched online; although, in those they were beeping the swearing while showing copious amounts of violence. That, somehow, made them funnier because of how bizarre the decision to do that was.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
My wife and I discussed this film so more today. One reason it appealed to us is that this year has been such a lousy year (compared to the last two) for movies that a fun action flick is just what we needed. Not everything has to be Casablanca worthy.

IMDb has a current rating of 7.2 which shows this is resonating with ticket buyers despite what reviewers say.

The trailer for the next Kingsmen movie was shown and if it is anywhere near as much fun as the first it'll be an audience favorite too.

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
I thought it was a fun movie... Honestly, I thought it was a great just have fun and eat popcorn movie. Critic's need to stop reviewing movies. :)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Samuel L. Jackson plays the Samuel L. Jackson character.

Ryan Reynolds plays the Ryan Reynolds character.

Gary Oldman recycles his accent from "Air Force One".

It's a decent action film and better than the terrible reviews imply, but it's pretty "shopworn". It feels like a movie than could've been made 25 years ago - and I don't really mean that as a compliment.

It's a passable way to spend a couple of hours but it's nothing special, and I think Reynolds and Jackson rely too much on their stereotypical movie personalities too much...

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I liked it a lot. If you like Midnight Run or The Good Guys go see it.

Fair warning: I got to see it free not through any connection to HTF but because I follow AMC social media and jumped at their cattle call for free early tix. I got blocked on the early show and they gave me a replacement ticket to see it any time Mon-Thurs this week.

I'd have been happy seeing this having paid full price for a Dolby Cinema viewing. I will definitely buy the inevitable 4K disk.

For all its ills, sometimes SM rules.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I saw it a couple weeks ago.
Yeah lots of cursing and violence but that’s why you read the rating to see why it’s rated R etc.

I laughed a bunch.
Loved when all the mayhem was going happening on the city street while Ryan was opening up to the coffee stand guy, then that big suv drives right by and Reynolds just glances at it.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just saw this. I was expecting a mindless fun movie. A stupid fun movie but this is not like that. It's bad. It's real bad. Not good bad, it's bad bad! Almost unwatchable.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just saw this. I was expecting a mindless fun movie. A stupid fun movie but this is not like that. It's bad. It's real bad. Not good bad, it's bad bad! Almost unwatchable.
For you it was, but I loved it and laughed my ass off watching it twice in a movie theater.

Real Name
Shane Harger
LOL, this looks hilarious, but hearing that song makes me think they could have taken the joke to 11 by hiring Costner instead of Reynolds. :lol:
LOL!

13650010.jpg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
A sequel is in development:

https://variety.com/2018/film/marke...eturning-hitmans-bodyguard-sequel-1203017031/

Ryan Reynolds, Samuel L. Jackson, and Salma Hayek are officially returning for a “Hitman’s Bodyguard” sequel.

Lionsgate will release “The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard” in North America, the studio announced Thursday at the American Film Market in Santa Monica, Calif., where Millennium Media is handling sales. The original movie was released in late summer of 2017 and grossed $75.5 million stateside and more than $180 million globally.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks