spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Title: The Hitman's Bodyguard (2017)

Tagline: Get Triggered

Genre: Action, Comedy

Director: Patrick Hughes

Cast: Ryan Reynolds, Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, Salma Hayek, Élodie Yung, Joaquim de Almeida, Kirsty Mitchell, Richard E. Grant, Yuri Kolokolnikov, Sam Hazeldine, Mikhail Gorevoy, Barry Atsma, Georgie Glen, Tine Joustra, Joséphine de la Baume, Rod Hallett, Abbey Hoes, Ori Pfeffer, Lee Nicholas Harris, Nadia Konakchieva, Noortje Herlaar, Kirsty Mitchell, Chris Brazier, Alan McKenna, Donna Preston, Renars Latkovskis, Samantha Bolter, Alexander Mercury, Russell De Rozario, Antoin Cox, Nicolas de Pruyssenaere, Mounir Margoum, Velimir Velev, Bruno Salgueiro, Marko Mandič, Vladimir Vladimirov, Zlatka Raikova, Hristo Petkov, Stilyan Mavrov, Ulyana Chan, Ilian Emanviov

Release: 2017-08-16

Runtime: 118

Plot: The world's top bodyguard gets a new client, a hit man who must testify at the International Court of Justice. They must put their differences aside and work together to make it to the trial on time.

This just popped up on my radar. Looks fun.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
LOL, this looks hilarious, but hearing that song makes me think they could have taken the joke to 11 by hiring Costner instead of Reynolds. :lol:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They played this trailer before the latest Fast & Furious film and I started laughing at loud. I can't wait to see it!

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
17880279_1963021797250708_5105022196226205133_o.jpg

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
First of all, this is for real right? That's not just some fan's enthusiastic preview for a movie that doesn't exist? Oh brother, I've got to see this.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They showed the latest trailer before The Dark Tower. I'm really looking forward to August 17th.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
He is seriously becoming typecast with that MF'R schtik of his.
Well that word was used quite often in this film. Last night, my free screening was packed. I was getting claustrophobic as I usually attend matinees with the rest of my fellow retirees so I'm not used to big crowds. I haven't experienced that type of crowd since Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Anyhow, my audience was really into this action/comedy. I was laughing throughout the film with Reynolds playing the "straight lace" bodyguard to Jackson's "let it fly" hit man. Two contrasting dudes to say the least. It definitely deserves its "R" rating. The action is over-the-top, but I loved it and will see it again when it opens wide in a couple of weeks. Again, my free screening audience was cracking up all through out the film. Also, Salma Hayek was too funny in her role as Jackson's wife.

This film isn't for everybody so if you don't like cursing or violence then stay away from this film.

Last edited:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well that word was used quite often in this film. Last night, my free screening was packed. I was getting claustrophobic as I usually attend matinees with the rest of my fellow retirees so I'm not used to big crowds. I haven't experienced that type of crowd since Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Anyhow, my audience was really into this action/comedy. I was laughing throughout the film with Reynolds playing the "straight lace" bodyguard to Jackson's "let it fly" hit man. Two contrasting dudes to say the least. It definitely deserves its "R" rating. The action is over-the-top, but I loved it and will see it again when it opens wide in a couple of weeks. Again, my free screening audience was cracking up all through out the film. Also, Salma Hayek was too funny in her role as Jackson's wife.

This film isn't for everybody so if you don't like cursing or violence then stay away from this film.

I may go see it. I'm no shrinking violet when it comes to watching violence and cursing. I just get tired of it if that is all they use instead of at least providing some semblance of storytelling.

People like to put down animated films as children's films, and yet I find that a lot of those films have more emotional intelligence and better quality in their writing than a lot of films supposedly written for adults.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Rotten Tomatoes is not being kind to this film at 35% so be warned. My sneak preview audience loved it, but reviewers obviously disagreed.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
My wife and I saw this tonight. Definitely an action packed popcorn flick. Yes, it is over the top and maybe the comedy is too emphasized but it is escapist entertainment. The main complaint I had is the excessive cursing. It really wasn't necessary in my opinion.

Recommended and worth seeing on the big screen vs. home video.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My wife and I saw this tonight. Definitely an action packed popcorn flick. Yes, it is over the top and maybe the comedy is too emphasized but it is escapist entertainment. The main complaint I had is the excessive cursing. It really wasn't necessary in my opinion.

Recommended and worth seeing on the big screen vs. home video.
I disagree, I think it was part of the over-the-top charm for this film and a reason why it worked so well for me. Watching the language coming of Hayek's mouth had me in tears. However, with that said, I can see why the excessive cursing would turn off some people, but to me, it made the film funnier.

nara

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hugh
It's getting really terrible reviews from the press here in the UK.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks