What's new

Pre-Order The Haunting (1999) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81305hbU1QL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
^^^Indeed; I didn't think a 4K release would be this fast to follow...

I'm still sticking with my original DTS DVD edition, which continues to kick ass to this day.

Last edited:

DarkVader

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
What is it about this film that seems to have Paramount's undying attention. It was a truly horrible remake. Oh, it made 180.2 million against an 80 million dollar budget. "Money Talks, B.S. Walks" as we used to say "back-in-the-day."

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
What is “proper HDR grading?” The film was never HDR graded.
Of course it was never HDR graded; I just meant that, when the print would get prepared for its 2160 transfer, the engineers and color graders would hopefully apply the pass delicately and with proper care, being that we're talking about a black and white horror/terror classic (as seen on releases like Psycho).

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
It was a truly horrible remake.
I disagree wholeheartedly, but it's all subjective in this area.

There's a laundry list of truly horrible remakes I'd read off of before I defecated all over The Haunting, including The Amityville Horror, House of Wax, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Hitcher.

That being said, I agree that it's a bit strange that this particular title seems to have Paramount execs in a panty twist in terms of getting this out on all formats now; there are plenty of titles that never even made it to Blu-ray let alone UHD, and yet we see 4K releases of stuff like The Haunting.

🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks