What's new

The Funko Pop! Collector's Thread (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I used to make fun of people that bought collectibles. Thought of them as toys for nerds. I had no interest in collecting.

Over the past year, I have taken my 7-year-old nephew to the toy store on many occasions. He always goes for the Funko Pop! characters. I didn't really understand the attraction to them.

Now that I am retired and have time to spruce up my home computer desk, the appeal of these collectibles has grown.

I bought a really cool flashing Gremlin. That was followed by Jack Skellington and Sally. Then I bought a Batman. Now I am looking to buy Groot and Spider-Man.

I never really knew how much these collectibles gained market worth until I searched for THE BEATLES. Well over $400 have all four Funko Pop! Beatles figures. Boy, did I miss the boat on those!

Interested to see if there are any Funko Pop! collectors here on HTF. I have included photos of my rookie line-up...

(click on each photo for larger image)

IMG_0287.jpeg IMG_0288.jpeg IMG_0294.jpeg IMG_0303.jpeg IMG_0304.jpeg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Cool collection; especially love the gremlin. But I would definitely only collect these for your own enjoyment, rather than trying to chase any "rarities".

Remember what happened with Beanie Babies. Once fetching huge sums on Ebay, now I don't think people can give them away.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Ron,
I am in the camp you previously occupied - don't get these, but more power to those that do.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thanks for coming to my rescue, Sam.

I throw these things out there and never know if anyone else on HTF shares my interests.

You have the same tastes I do. I have ROCKET on my wish list as well as GROOT.

Who is the guy on the end? That kind of looks like Saul Goodman. Of course, I gotta get an ALIEN.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
That's him.

I always get a smile on my face when I browse Funko characters and can easily recognize who it is -- a testament to the great job they do with these collectibles. I don't always guess it right 100% of the time, but mostly better than not.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I like the idea of these as decoration, but have small kids so I can’t really put them anywhere until they are older. But there are definitely a few I would like to get. In particular I’m delighted that there are some “Tale Spin” characters available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.