What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A moody western with a couple of neat twists.

The Fastest Gun Alive (1956)

Released: 06 Jul 1956
Rated: Passed
Runtime: 89 min

Director: Russell Rouse
Genre: Drama, Western

Cast: Glenn Ford, Jeanne Crain, Broderick Crawford
Writer(s): Frank D. Gilroy, Russell Rouse

Plot: In the western frontier town of Cross Creek, storekeeper George Temple is a polite and soft spoken man with a secret past. When 3 bank robbers on the lam stop in town to change horses, George's past comes back to haunt him.

IMDB rating: 7.1
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: MGM
Distributed By: Warner Archive
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC

Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Audio: English 2.0 DTS-HDMA...

Continue reading...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I like the movie more than you do, but perhaps this is your first viewing of it while I've been fan of the movie for several decades. Movies you enjoyed since your childhood have a special hold on a person. You tend to easily overlook any flaws in the movie. However, I would say the dance number you noted does stand out as something I didn't get as a kid with this type of serious western.:) Anyhow, I thought the A/V presentations were great too.

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
I like the movie more than you do, but perhaps this is your first viewing of it while I've been fan of the movie for several decades. Movies you enjoyed since your childhood have a special hold on a person. You tend to easily overlook any flaws in the movie. However, I would say the dance number you noted does stand out as something I didn't get as a kid with this type of serious western.:) Anyhow, I thought the A/V presentations were great too.
Lot of serious 50s westerns had some kind of a gag or moment to alleviate the serious story at hand momentarily. I never understood Tamblyn dance number myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks