What's new

The Fall 2002 Finals / Exams Venting Thread (1 Viewer)

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
So another semester comes to a close here at UD. Last day of class on Wednesday and a week of finals after that.
Its been hell for me this year...I had a 5-7 page paper due yesterday, a 10 page paper due tomorrow, and a 12 page paper due next monday. On top of that, this friday I have an exam (from 7 to 9 PM, what the hell is that about!?), another final on tuesday, and then a 3 essay take home final due tuesday afternoon.
Then, last Wednesday my hard drive went bad. A 13 month old Dell :angry: . So I lost all my papers from the past year (plus 4 pages of the 5-7 page paper due yesterday). Luckily, Dell got a new harddrive to me by Friday (even though they didnt send it to the right address) and my high school AP computer classes helped my put it in and get it working myself. And Dell even upgraded my hard drive to 120 Gigs (it was 100), so that was nice of them.
I get to go out once this week - wednesday - because thursday is a reading day (no class / exams / anything due). After that, I'll be spending 6 consecutive days in front of microsoft word and various history / political science books.
So, because I needed a break from writing my 10 page paper (about Hitler's V-1 and V-2 Weapons) I decided to come and start a thread for everyone to vent about finals. Nows your chance to get it out of your system...
JQ

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Well, I am done with my finals pretty much. All mine so far have been portfolios and such about my teaching experience this semester. (I'm in elementary ed.) So I'm goofing off until next Thursday when I have my only "real" final. I'm not afraid of it though, yet.

Jason, I wish you the best of luck. What's your major by the way?

BTW, my mother works regrestion in an ER, and she said there have been several students, both college and high school who have committed or tried to commit suicide due to finals. Very sad.

David-S

Second Unit
Hey, how's it going... just recently started going to UD myself (grad work) and I would have to agree that i've always hated this time of year (and the end of april/beginning of may) although I find this one more stressful, cuz there's so much other stuff to do at the same time!
:D

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Two down, three to go...
Accounting, Physics, and Chemistry. Let's see if I can pass the sciences...Accounting shouldn't be that bad.
Choir party tonight and no exams tomorrow make me a temporarily happy man. :D

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
I'm a History major, European concentration...thats where the 3 papers are coming from - 5-7 is on England pre-1715, 10 Pg is Hitler's V-2 rockets and why they failed, and the 12+ pg is the case of Daniel McNaughton which is about insanity / murder in 1843 England.

Which reminds me, anyone here know a lot about England before 1715? Cause I think I'm gonna need some pointers on the take home essays...

Good luck at UD David. Looks like this time next year I'll be graduating...but thats too scary for me. I think Grad school is in the cards. Anyway, UDs a great school, I wouldnt have gone anywhere else if someone had paid me to.

Thanks,
JQ

Matthew Furtek

Stunt Coordinator
Done:
1, 20 minute presentation to Materials Science class (Biomaterials).
1, 2 hour time limited take home exam for TCC 401 ("English" type classes for engineers, help us learn how to write). TCC 401 helps us write the theses we need to finish in order to graduate from the Engineering School.

Tommorrow:
1, 3 hour Communications test. This isn't Michael Vick's communication either, this is some hard core math, probability, sending and receiving stuff. Disappointed in the course because its hard and math based, but what should I have expected. At least I know how AM / FM / Satelite / PCM somewhat work. I get the feeling Comm is one of those subjects you don't fully understand until you've taken it twice.
1, 4 hour Computer Networks take-home exam. I know this isn't going to be hard, so I'm putting it off to study for Communications. It's not even really a final, just on TCP congestion control and HTTP protocol. I enjoyed this class because it was easy and simple to grasp.

Next Monday:
1, 3 hour Advanced Computer Hardware exam. Multiple choice comprehensive final, but I have plenty of time to study for this.

Also:
Finish Communications group project... ugh. We have to come up with and analyze a teleconferencing method between the classroom and teacher.

After this I'm done with all my electives, and only need 2 classes to graduate, but of course I'll probably take 2 extra ones that will help me specialize in something (Embedded computing plus Internet Engineering), in addition to staying here to work on my thesis (MRI Image Analysis software). Hopefully I'll be able to get a job with all the knowledge I've learned.... college is a great oppurtunity to do so much, especially a semester like this where all of my classes had projects and I was working on a thesis project.

Thursday morning will be so great.

Matthew Furtek

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
I had my Vert. Bio Lab final last Weds., got a B+ in the class.
Then on Monday, I had Ecology in the morning (another B+) and Molecular Biology in the evening (A).
Today I only had Organic Chem (grade unknown :)).
Tomorrow is Vert. Bio, and Thursday is Statistics.
And that'll be it.

Joseph Howard

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, I'll vent about my exams too.
"I can't believe I have to write three NEW final exams
AGAIN this semester!! Not to mention GRADE all 200 of them
in only 2 days!!!!" :angry: :angry:
Whew.... I feel better now.
Dr. Joe

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
"I passed! I passed! I passed! I passed! I got a D-minus! I passed! I got a D-minus! I passed! I got a D-minus! I passed! I passed!"
- Bart Simpson, The Simpsons, Bart Gets an F

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Yay!! 18-pg portfolio due in 12hrs and I'm on pg 1. Looks like no sleep tonight, again. This is the life!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
ROWR!!!
just got back from two mind-numbing exams (physics and accounting)...i think i survived physics, accounting was a bit better, but i had a song in my head during accounting for half an hour (we had two hours to take the exam) so i couldn't think straight during that time, and getting only two hours of sleep didn't help. so after i got that done about 30 minutes ago, i come back to see that my roommate is still sleeping. just kinda pisses me off that he's done with exams and he's still here kinda relaxing, but it's not his fault. he's a football player (odd combination, eh? :)) and he was asked to show a recruit around, so he won't be leaving until tomorrow afternoon like me. anyways, four down, one to go...

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Well, the 10 page paper (which ended up being 11) is done and turned in - out of my hands. I thought it was one of my best papers - though the papers I turn in that I think are my best always seem to get lower grades then the ones I don't like :confused:
Then yesterday my teacher moved the 2 essay take home final due date to this Friday. So now I gotta get these 2 essays done tonight, turn them in, start my 12 pg paper due Monday, study + take my Hist 351 final Friday night, finish the 12 page (hopefully Sat night). Then use Sunday to proofread + edit the paper and start studying for my Political science final on Tuesday.
But knowing me and my roomies have tickets to an 8 PM showing of LoTR: TTT on Wednesday keeps me going.
Why I'm sitting here wasting time complaining about it is beyond me (stupid procrastination) ;)
Good luck to everyone with remaining finals...
JQ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks