What's new

The Denon Toaster...erm I mean the 2200...(and 2900?) (1 Viewer)

Thomas Willard

Stunt Coordinator
All:

Check the specs and you will see the 2200 and the 2900 consume 27 watts. I have had my 2200 for two weeks and yes it does run warmer than my Panasonic 35S, which I think consumed 10 watts. The disks are warm to the touch, but no more so than my CD player in the truck.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Thanks Rog, that explains why I've never noticed the heat before. I have no access to the top ( 1") and maybe two on each side. But, I do have dual 92mm fans cooling the entire cabinet. So, the heat should not be a problem for my 2900 or my h/k 525.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
There appears, therefore, to be serious unit-to-unit manufacturing inconsistencies with the 2200. I have a mind to forward this thread to Denon's service personnel (probably a quixotic effort, but what the hell).

Johan

Stunt Coordinator
I work amongs other brands with Denon here in Sweden and I havent experienced anything like this or had a custumors either that complained about it!

I dont know but I also have a 2200 and havent seen this problem.

(sorry about the spelling, from Sweden ;) )

mackie

Supporting Actor
I've been playing my 2200 for the past three hours. The discs are warm but not overly hot. I think this unit is one of the best HT products I've ever purchased - it's awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks