What's new

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This could end up being a good thing. Disney botched the marketing and the timing of release for Caspian (a better film than Lion/Witch, IMO). Maybe another studio would be willing to learn from their mistakes.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Walden will still make it, most likely with Fox. It may be a bad thing in the short term, but in the long term getting away from Disney may be a positive.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
These recent Narnia adaptations have left me cold. I have the DVD for Lion, but will not be buying Caspian since I saw it in the theater and thought it was awful.

My biggest issue was with the cast. I don't think they could have found four children with less acting ability.

I'm not sure if any of the majors would want to take on Walden projects with their spotty track record. Aside from Narnia: Lion, their projects have mostly been disappointing to mediocre at the box office.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Having just watched Caspian, I believe the only reason it "failed" at the box office was because it was released in the summer. If this film had been released early to mid December of this year it would be cleaning up at the box office with little to no competition.

Way to go, Disney.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

Oh, for sure! I was just thinking about how big this film would've been this Christmas.. in fact, December needed a release like this. All relative, I guess.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for posting, Michael; that's great to hear. It sounds like Anschutz's behavior was as big a part of the problem as the poor release date. As much as I want to see it get made, I almost hope Fox passes on it: the last few years they've nickle-and-dimed all their tentpoles to death. Sony and Warners would be willing to do it right.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Very interesting read. I'd recommend that if you are interested in the behind the scenes corporate stuff that you read the full articled.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Great insight in that article.

I honestly don't care who the distributing partner is. Walden is pretty much in control of how the film ends up. The quicker they can have a solid agreement the sooner they'll be able to schedule production.

sestamuch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonas
I enjoyed the first movie more than the second one, in my opinion it seemed to have a better atmosphere and feel.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Fox Walden Takes Over Third "Narnia":
"Fox and Walden will split the production and P&A costs of the film[']s $140 million budget. Richard LaGravenese ("Freedom Writers," "The Horse Whisperer") penned the most recent draft of the script but that is expected to undergo another pass to accomodate the lower budget."
Sounds fine with me, if the cheaper script puts the emphasis back on the characters.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Dec. 2010 is not bad for a movie that lost it's distributor and had to find another. That's only 2 1/2 years after the last movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks