What's new

The bowling gods hate me... (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
So here I am at bowling night. I throw a strike - a major accomplishment for someone as athletically-challenged as myself, right? Then one of the pins BOUNCES BACK AND STANDS UP! :angry: WTF? The bowling gods hate me. Stupid game.

P.S. I did get the spare. :D

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I'm going bowling this afternoon for the first time in 10 years. It should be a hoot. Maybe I'll ask them to put the bumpers up for me. ;)

RichardK

Second Unit
That's a pretty freak occurrence you experienced.
I'm still trying to break 200, with a 193 as my highest. My average is low, in the 120s probably. Although the day of the 193, I averaged 146 in 3games. 106,193,140 weird huh?

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
FWIW, my average is in the high 140s. Last season, on one awesome night, I actually managed a 600 series including my highest game yet: 243. Woo-hoo! Then, later in the season, I got a patch for the night I bowled a triplicate. Unfortunately the score of those games was like ten pins under my average. :b

As for the bouncing pin, after it stood up it was knocked down by the rack since it was out of place. Had to be reset and as I said, I managed the spare.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Incredibly odd that a pin would stand back up.... we are talking about 10-pin, correct ?

My average is ~165, with a high game of 235. Candlepin average (when I lived in New England) was ~105, can't remember my high game. Anyone bowl candle pins out there ?

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
My highest ever was a perfect game -- 300. I have yet to duplicate it, but my second highest score since I started bowling again is 212.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter

Same here...but my avg. is 200 plus. I actually had considered going on tour in the late 80's but opted for marriage and kids.......Damn ex wife......:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks