What's new

International The Blue Dahlia / The Glass Key coming from Arrow (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Noach Kowalski
Both are coming on September 19th

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
Original uncompressed PCM mono audio
Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
Selected scene commentary by Frank Krutnik, author of In a Lonely Street: Film Noir, Genre, Masculinity
Introduction to the film by Frank Krutnik
Rare 1949 half-hour radio dramatization of The Blue Dahlia by The Screen Guild Theater, starring Veronica Lake and Alan Ladd
Original theatrical trailer
Extensive gallery of vintage stills and promotional materials
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tonci Zonjic

First pressing only: collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Adrian Wootton, CEO of Film London

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=the blue &product_id=842

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
Original uncompressed PCM mono audio
Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
Audio commentary by Adrian Wootton, CEO of Film London
New visual essay on the film by Alastair Phillips, co-author of 100 Film Noirs
Rare 1946 half-hour radio dramatization of The Glass Key by The Screen Guild Theater, starring Alan Ladd, Marjorie Reynolds and Gene Kelly
Original theatrical trailer
Extensive gallery of vintage stills and promotional materials
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tonci Zonjic

First pressing only: collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Kat Ellinger

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=the blue &product_id=843

BLUE_DAHLIA_2_D_BD_US_500x500.png

GLASS_KEY_2_D_BD_US_500x500.png

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

Very interesting. I like both these films a lot. (Raymond Chandler got it wrong: Alan Ladd was not a small boy's idea of a tough guy.)

I wonder if these films have been restored by what Robert Harris calls "the new Universal?" I hope so.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Just watched the The Glass Key (thank you Santa). Fairly mediocre political/crime film (not film noir) but with good performances from the leads. Veronica Lake lights up the screen whenever she appears, with her dreamy voice.

The Arrow blu-ray is very grainy and I was a bit disappointed with the image quality.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Just watched the The Glass Key (thank you Santa). Fairly mediocre political/crime film (not film noir) but with good performances from the leads. Veronica Lake lights up the screen whenever she appears, with her dreamy voice.

The Arrow blu-ray is very grainy and I was a bit disappointed with the image quality.
I noticed I was grainy but I assume that is a true representation of the film stock of the time. It will take an inside professional to give a definitive answer.

Last edited:

CarlosMeat

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
That actually is a custom cover I did for my Kaleidescape. Similar to the Shout version but since Kaleidescape didn't provide one I made one with the BD top and bottom template.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks