What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order The Big Country (1958) (Reissue) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
^Can't "wipe" film. In all likelihood, the scoring mags (which, AGAIN, may not have been proper three-track stereo in the first place) were either burnt or went vinegar in storage.

Brent Reid

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brent
Early morning post; I meant to say "junked" – now corrected. The point remains, despite repeated assertions, the score was recorded in three-channel stereo, as has been proven earlier in this thread and the one I linked to in my last comment. But, as was commonplace back then, those recordings were never meant to be heard after being mixed to mono and are now gone.

Now, does anyone know about the streaming copy?

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Early morning post; I meant to say "junked" – now corrected. The point remains, despite repeated assertions, the score was recorded in three-channel stereo, as has been proven earlier in this thread and the one I linked to in my last comment. But, as was commonplace back then, those recordings were never meant to be heard after being mixed to mono and are now gone.

Now, does anyone know about the streaming copy?
Rent his post and the one (61) above. Film can was was “wiped,” aka degaussed in numerous situations.

In the 1950s, accessing mag stock w/o problems caused studios to sometimes re-use master and print-masters for other projects after the mag print run was complete. VS aside, this is why many stereo projects are missing.

On our own projects, half of VertIgo was recorded 3-track, as was the Storm Cloud Contata.

Not a rarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks