What's new

Pre-Order The Bat Whispers (1930) Restored Collector's Edition (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71u-jMIa9bL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if this will be the original 2.2:1 wide screen version, the 1.37 version or will both be included?

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I think the widescreen version is a fun novelty but I actually much prefer the general release version, to be honest.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Interesting, one of the few pre 1950's Wide Screen films that survive, that alone may get me to buy this novelty aside, interested in some of those earlier films and how the presentation works.

jbirdp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay Pascucci
Is this the Library of Congress restoration? Any extras? Thanks.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Does anyone know if this will be the original 2.2:1 wide screen version, the 1.37 version or will both be included?
I think the widescreen isn't 2.2:1, since mag striping wasn't done at this time and a look at the frame example on Marty Hart's Widescreen Museum site and may be slightly narrower; perhaps 2:1.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Potentially this could be the holy grail of releases for The Bat Whispers. It would be really cool if they included the silent version of The Bat also and make it a grand slam offering! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks