The Atlanta Aqaurium

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Steve_Tk, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

To you Atlanta residents, or people that keep up with this stuff, when is the ETA on this thing. I thought it was supposed to be passed Centennial Park, but didn't even see the land cleared. I know this aquarium is supposed to be the aquarium that beats all aquariums, will make Tennessee look like a fish bowl, but is it anywhere in the near future?

2. Josh Lowe

Josh Lowe Screenwriter

i think they're still arguing about money. at least that's what i heard last night at a party from someone who's somehow involved with the project. something about someone wanting a $20 million freebie or something crazy like that. politics.

3. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

I heard something about this a while back and was happy to hear that Ga will be getting it's own aqaurium. Then I never heard anything again. To be honest I forgot. I think the land has been cleared back when I heard a rumor I was driving 85 south and I believe right after where Ga 400 merges onto 85 South it is the land on the right. IIRC you will still be on that noisy bridge when you see it. I wish they would hurry. That would be a great place to go in ATL.

4. Larry Schneider

Larry Schneider Second Unit

No, they changed their mind - they've decided to make it yet another attempt to revitalize deep downtown.