What's new

The Amazing Race Season 24 (2/23): Returning All-Stars (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Lost my hard drive, so haven't posted for a while, lots of time spent rebuilding.

Unless I've missed something over all these seasons, it seemed to me like some teams didn't have "permission" to U-turn others.
Watch a lot of this stuff "in the background", not really paying attention to minor details, but it looked like some teams weren't allowed to U-turn others, sort of regretting earlier decisions.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Stan said:
Lost my hard drive, so haven't posted for a while, lots of time spent rebuilding.

Unless I've missed something over all these seasons, it seemed to me like some teams didn't have "permission" to U-turn others.
Watch a lot of this stuff "in the background", not really paying attention to minor details, but it looked like some teams weren't allowed to U-turn others, sort of regretting earlier decisions.
You can only use your u-turn once per race. Accordingly, if you u-turn a team in leg X, you can't u-turn again in leg X+Y.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Josh Dial said:
You can only use your u-turn once per race. Accordingly, if you u-turn a team in leg X, you can't u-turn again in leg X+Y.
Wow, that's amazing. I've literally watched every season of this (obviously not to closely) and never knew that fact.

Thanks, Josh

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Stan said:
Jim had the same question/comment...and I was half paying attention to the show. I told him the same thing and he was like "Oh...okay." He's usually the one who doesn't do anything while watching a show. I'm on my phone, crocheting, cooking...whatever...

Easy "mistake" to make. :)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
JohnMor said:
I think I may be done for the season now. Very sad to see that team go, but I also just don't really care about the remaining teams that much.
The cowboys were the team I was rooting for. Sorry to see them eliminated. But it wasn't entirely due to the U-Turn, as they made a few missteps this ep: missing the exit for the airport and missing the 1st sign on the run. But, man, if Brenchel ultimately wins, they can thank the Afghanimals!)
I'm almost with you. Not just this, but "Survivor". Seems like the worst of the worst will end up the winners and I'm really not in the mood to see it.
I'll probably watch the very painful endings, hoping for the best, but just seems like the "good guys" can't pull it off this time.Liars, cheats and sneaks seem to have the upper hand. Saddest part is people like that don't even care about others. They may live a fairly wealthy, but very lonely life. Plus as I've matured, realized that when you treat others the way they have, it eventually always comes back to bite you in the ass and you regret your decisions.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Happy at the final elimination, but
would have preferred it be Brenchel. Oh well. I hope it's the girls that win it. I don't mind Dave & Connor, but their whining can get old. And I hope that the Afghanimals are happy that they essentially gave Brenchel a spot in the final three by not U-turning them.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am certain that nobody is happy with everyone going into the final leg...

However, you had to love the fact that Rachel finally broke down after
picking the wrong boot size.

There is a little redemption to be had.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Jim was ecstatic when we watched last night with that flub. I knew it was too good to be true...and it was.
So we have Team Achilles, Team Breakdown and Team Get Lost going to Vegas...yay...I can't wait for this entire season to be over.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Thankfully, looks like CBS is moving the next season of The Amazing Race to Fridays, 8-9 pm, so no more delays due to sports programming overtime! :banana:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
That's great news, Peter. Will now avoid having to put a 2-hour buffer on the show
when recording off Tivo.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, that solves the Sunday overrun problem.

Call me a pessimist, but I think this is the prelude to the show going away. Sure, it worked with Survivor and CSI and Big Bang, but those are bigger shows on the overall television landscape. CBS is trying to get a few more cycles out of the show and drum up some media for the show to see if the ratings stabilize. Frankly, the cycles that were on Tuesday (the family edition for sure) only sticks in my memory because of one team. Otherwise, it would have been completely forgettable.

But that's just me.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I think the show will do fine on Fridays. As others have said, it does solve the problem with sports overrun. I do worry if this move to Friday, signals more budget cuts.

I can't say that I'm upset that the Afganimals got eliminated. It seemed like they were doomed as soon as they got ditched by Big Brother on the road, and kept going the wrong way.

The boat ride on the aquaduct looked like fun! Trying to memorize the poem in Welsh, not so much.

My order of preference to win it all...

1. Jen & Caroline
2. Dave & Connor and Brendan & Rachel

I had a hard time picking between the 2, between Rachel back to her antics, and Dave still yammering about the U-Turn or the Achilles heel.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Well,
it could have been worse! LOL. I was rooting for the girls, but anybody but Brenchel is okay by me. Especially after trying to steal the girls' cab. Lordy, they are scumbags and if they were going to be in the final 3, at least they came in exactly where they should... last!

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
Brenchel's selfishness and shallowness really came to the fore in the last episode. By the halfway point I was muting Rachel every time she opened her mouth. Needless to say I was pleased with how the race turned out. Not sure about the age difference between Connor and the two country girls, but he could definitely do worse.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I was satisfied with the finale, even though the winners weren't my top choice to nab the million. I was sort of hoping--

the Blondes would end up being the 11th hour underdog winners, since the Cowboys didn't make it to the last leg. Despite a bit of whining by Dave about the U-Turn, and milking the old Achilles heel incident (which was more the show's doing than the team's, really), I didn't mind Team Dave & Connor much, so I'm ultimately not sorry they won. A Brenchel win would've been insufferable.

I especially liked it when--

there was that extreme-perspective shot of a solitary Rachel, waiting for parachuting Brendan to land, already aware that they not only lost, but were in last place. For a brief moment, it amusingly gave the impression that Phil, the other two racing teams, all the formerly-eliminated teams, and most of the crew, had already left the area to go party somewhere, totally abandoning Team Brenchel. I almost expected there to be a cursory "sorry, you lost." note left for Brenchel, along with some cab fare for their long, solemn ride home. :rolling-smiley:

:biggrin:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Nice ending. Anybody but Brenchel was fine, I like both teams pretty evenly and the country girls took it very well, nice and polite and happy for Dave and Connor.

As mentioned above, the shot of Rachel looking up, seemingly abandoned was hilarious. And she had worked at the Mirage? You'd think being an ex-employee you might know where the "employee entrance" would be.
Their attempt at stealing the cab showed what shallow, awful people they are. Glad the cabbie stood his ground and said no.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Rachel did know where the entrance was, but that was the problem - she was so gung ho in getting into the building they completely missed the clue box.

We were firmly in the Anybody But Brenchel camp. I wasn't too bothered by them for most of the race but, man, they lost any and all goodwill with the way they behaved on the final leg. Rachel would deny doing something and in the same breath admit to doing it because it was a race for a million. Horrible people.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks