What's new

The Amazing Race 6 (1 Viewer)

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor

My TiVo was recording it the other day, and I wondered why. It must have picked his name up from a TAR recording. He was narrating it.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Yeah- he's the host, narrator and main creative force behind the show. Where as he's just and on-screen talent for TAR, NOWTV is really "his show" as he developed and is a producer.

-V

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
There are break offs of the LDS (Mormon) faith that may not watch TV. There are many Polygamists sects that claim to be Mormon that live quite different lives. Nevertheless, LDS Mormons do watch TV!

Wes

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
OK, I get the point, I was wrong, Mormons can watch TV. Can we just shut the hell up about it? Gee, you make one stupid comment and it keeps getting brought up over and over and bloody well over again.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
We have a start date! According to Yahoo! News, TAR6 will premiere Tuesday November 16 at 9 PM with a two-hour premiere, and Clubhouse is moving to Saturdays at 8, where TAR6 was going to air originally. I wonder if two-hours means the first leg will be non-elimination?

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I'd have to check, but if memory serves, last season's first episode was an hour and a half but remained an elimination leg. You figure that they have plenty of footage, so getting another forty-five minutes of show can't be too difficult.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Ouch - The Amazing Race, Veronica Mars and House all on at the same time? I'll take it, but it's coming dangerously close to overloading my Replay/VCR capabilities.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Looking forward to it.

The last couple of seasons have aired here in NZ within a week of the US, so I've been able to keep up with the HTF discussion thread. Hopefully the same will happen this season.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Looks like the teams will be officially announced this Wednesday on The Early Show. Once the website is up, I'll set up the HTF challenge for TAR6.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Daniel - Is it possible to pre-book a team for the HTF TAR6 Challenge? The spots are usually all filled by the time I find the thread, and I would really like to participate in the Challenge this time with Lena and Kristy Jensen as my team. Sure, they probably won't win, but after after all the hassling I've had over one rather small silly comment, I really should support them.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I don't mind pre-booking; in fact once we're doing it, I'll take Avi and Joe. Truth to be told, it would probably be better to do this in a way that wouldn't clog up the main thread with the contest. Maybe I'll start the contest thread in pre-book form or something like that later today if I have time.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
According to next week's TV Guide, each team member will be limited to only performing 6 roadblocks, forcing the teams to mix it up and keep one member from doing them all.

Chris

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
The way I read that, the "do half the roadblocks" rule will be in a future race. This one was already taped, right?

Also, I just read that two guys from CBS's The Early Show followed along on the first leg, and they'll be showing that the rest of this week. So if you want some behind-the-scenes stuff, record the show (7am-9am) and zip through the uninteresting news, weather, and interviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks