What's new

The Amazing Race 6 (1 Viewer)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
A lot of TV news sites are reporting that The Amazing Race 6 has been delayed from Staurday October 2 to later in the month to give us a little breather after last night's amazing TAR5 finale. Most people are saying though that the real reason is that TAR did great for CBS this summer on Tuesdays and CBS is waiting to see which new show will be cancelled first so they can keep TAR on Tuesday instead of moving it Saturday.

Also, this weeks TV Guide has a small preview of all 11 teams from TAR 6, I'm sure they'll be announced in the next couple of weeks on CBS too.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It looks like TAR casted more pretty people this go-around. We even get a former Playmate in the mix.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I'm intrigued by team 11 - one guy is trying to keep kosher? How practical is that, since most airlines require some warning in order to provide the kosher meal? (To say nothing of the food challenges).

I also can't wait to see team 6 - the devout Mormon and her striptease aerobics sister. That's gonna be great TV right there.

Wait a minute... I didn't think Mormons were even allowed to watch TV. (Some Mormon girls in my school class had to leave the room every time the teacher put a video on to show the class.) If that's correct, why is it OK to appear on the show?

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
They really need to spice up the contestants for AR, Survivor, and BB. How about a group from each continent if it's so hard to find a diverse slice of the US that is unemployed, selfemployed, or retired to compete?

I've seen TV and movies with Mormons, I must be in big trouble.:D That sounds like a fundamentalist practice. You've probably seen the mormon/LDS commercials that ran during Saturday cartoons back in the day. (Oops, maybe they didn't show those in New Zealand, but with all their missionary work...)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
It's going to be difficult at times, I'd be in the same predicament if I were to be on TAR. I'm sure the producers will provide Kosher food at the Pit Stops, and at other times on the way, fruits and vegetables and some snacks and drinks are fine too, but it will be interesting to see if the producers set up a food challenge with something not Kosher and what he decides to do.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Very possibly the people I knew were fundamentalist Mormons - I guess every other religion has gradations, why not Mormons. It just surprised me at first, that's all. I've had this belief since I was 12 that Mormons aren't allowed to watch TV, just because of these two kids.

I have no doubt pit stops will have kosher meals, and I'm pretty sure there will be measures to provide for him at food challenges - I asusme they also hae to take into acocunt any allergies anyway. The big issue to me is the plane thing. The meals they provide on the planes may not be terribly big, but they are something (and possibly all people will get to eat between pit stops if they don't want to take time out or spend their money). If the airline doesn't have enough warning, they won't be able to provide for his dietary requirements, and he'll be terribly hungry during the leg. That could prove to be a slight disadvantage. Or not. Who knows.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I expect that there will be kosher food available at the pit stops. But I imagine that while the race is being run, eating only kosher food will be a part of the challenge.

One of the intriguing parts of this show, is how teams overcome challenges that they don’t handle very well. The Bowling Moms having to go up the cliff, being one example. Others having to overcome a fear of heights. Others an aversion to (name almost anything).

The producers actually avoid making everything fair and equal, but often put up challenges that one person or the other (or both) on a team will have a difficulty with, while other teams will not even slow down.

I can’t remember for sure on this show, but for at least one of these shows had a food challenge that was impossible for a vegetarian. And the last race had a challenge that the young model couple could not do, because it involved drinking a shot of vodka. To be fair, the girl was willing—but the guy stuck to his principals and beliefs.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Also, I expect that the producers are at least in some contact with the airlines, especially on weeks when you have to take one of a certain number of flights.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
She's on the Playboy X-Treme Team or whatever they call themselves. A group of them also took part in Eco-Challenge a few times, although maybe she may not have been one of them.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Clubhouse Death Watch:

The series premiere on Sunday was, per Zap2It, not terribly impressive with a 6.1 rating, good for second but apparently dead last in the 18-49 group. As in, behind Charmed.

Now imagine it having to up against real baseball next week, and I imagine The Amazing Race will be running Tuesdays at nine starting in mid-October.

The dr vegas Death Watch doesn't seem to have quite as much momentum yet, but we'll see how many people tune in for a second week now that they've actually seen an episode.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Wait a minute... I didn't think Mormons were even allowed to watch TV.

If that were true the Osmonds couldn't watch their own shows. Are you maybe thinking of Amish or Mennonites?

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
No, they were Mormons. I've just carried around this belief since I was 12 that Mormons couldn't do stuff, solely on the basis of these two girls that I know. Now that I actually stop and think about it, I see that they were probably just very strict fundamentalist Mormons, and that many Mormons probably do watch TV. (Good point about the Osmonds.)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing it's just a matter of casting people who are physically fit, maybe don't have a "regular job" that they can't leave for a month and a half, and who are comfortable with being filmed 24/7. I imagine a team of a couple models fits that better than most other combos.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Did any TAR fans happen to catch Phil Keoghan's new Discovery channel show "No Opportunity Wasted"? Phil is producing and is the main driving force behind this show (airing Sunday at 8)...

I've been working on this show as an audio/fx editor- so I caught the premiere this week- wondered if I was the only person in america watching.

-V

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks