What's new

The 100 (Season 4) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Previous Season Threads:
Season 1
Season 2
Season 3

"The 100" will begin its fourth season Wednesday, February 1 at 9/8c on The CW. Lots of sites are reporting a 13-episode season, but as far as I know, the episode count hasn't been confirmed by the network.

Season 4 Trailer:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Looking forward to it!

Is there going to be a recap episode of S3? That would be helpful. A year and many other series in between, I forget important details from any given season of tv.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Season 4 Poster:
The100_S04_008.jpg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The new season premiered last night, picking up almost exactly where the third season finale left off. It didn't take long for the resentments and grudges and tribal conflicts to rear their ugly heads again. I'm so happy the A.L.I.E. storyline is done, because it's such an interesting world when it's about human conflict.

The new nuclear meltdown is a great framing device for the season, because it creates a larger enemy than any of the clans' petty issues. If anything can finally foster peace between the grounders and skycrew[sic], this would probably be it.

Favorite moment? Jasper's suicide attempt getting interrupted, and then his uplift when he learns that the world is about to end; he doesn't have to do it himself now.

Also liked that Clarke got a moment in the jail cell to just be sad that her girlfriend is dead, with her mom there to comfort her.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I keep thinking that if I watched the last 3 episodes of last season and then this first episode of this season my head might explode. Constant angst and danger gets....exhausting. I know I shouldn't feel this way but was kinda glad to see Jaha get his lumps...

I do look forward to seeing how things work out between skicru and ice nation.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The show's returning focus to the parts I find most interesting.

Bellamy sacrificing their best chance at long-term survival to rescue their captive (and enslaved) people felt true to his character, even though it's the latest in a long series of decisions by authority figures to prioritize the short-term over the long-term.

It also feels somehow right that Bob Geldof's music would survive the nuclear apocalypse (at least the first one). "I Don't Like Mondays" is also an apropos anthem of the senseless violence that often rocks this world. Loving "zero fucks given" Jasper.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
For my money the show continues to successfully re-invent itself each season. Still watching it and still very much interested.

Duane R

Second Unit
Octavia is turning into a real killer--the moneyshot of killing the 2 guards and then later offing the rabble-rouser ambassador.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I entered this season confused about the story and character goals. I didn't understand how teens with minimal education were going to stop nuclear reactors from melting down.

Now, I understand that's not the goal: they're trying to find a way to shelter in place. In that sense, we've come full circle back to a literal The 100 and a new Ark.

The weakness is that while the threat is existential, it's invisible or environmental. There's no foe to directly engage with.

I like this season. I like the hard, imperfect, and bad choices ,are my Clarke and Bellamy. Jasper's gleeful nihilism is frightening and a savvy way to move his chacracter forward this season. Jaha's ongoing pursuit of both being redeemed and being a savior still works, keeping his role uncertain and uneasy. Octavia is frightening and at risk of losing her soul.

And Raven. Raven is who holds my attention. Her tension at being given an impossible job and forced to make hard triage decisions while everyone works against her. She could be th character journey to watch.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Tonight was one of the better episodes of the entire run, at least for me, and that says a lot. This series not only re-invents itself by sometimes it crafts a new, more complex narrative. The way this storyline is going almost anything is possible.

What I think I appreciate most is that this show builds on each episode in a way that the world seems real; events that happen in an episode may pay off much later. I felt as though some of the moments in the last few episodes were payoff from the episodes years ago.

So many bad choices, when the only other option are worse ones.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
An interesting take on the "lifeboat" conundrum. And something of full circle to Season 1 character issues. Clarke embodying Jaha and the choices she loathed even more. Bellamy believing his sister Octavia is dead, whom through all does not want to lose.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Ok. That's good news for me, since I'm really still enjoying the 100.. but it makes me wonder what kind of conclusion we reach in S4...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This show has never been exactly light and cheerful, but this season in particular seems to be an exercise in seeing how many times our protagonists can get kicked before they just stay down.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
It has, but for some reason, it seems to add a great deal to the authenticity of where this show is being told.. no bow tie conclusions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks