What's new

Texas Chainsaw Massacre audio question (1 Viewer)

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
I remember hearing that the last DVD release of Texas Chainsaw Massacre has issues with missing sound effects and was wondering if this has been corrected with the Blu-ray release. Since we are on the topic, I think there was a similar problem with the Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead DVDs. Were they corrected on their Blu-ray releases?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
When people post comments that serve no purpose e.g. "I hate this movie."

Glad to hear from Felix that the sound has been fixed.

Rolando

Screenwriter
I had heard about the TCM problem and the reply that all is good on the BD but what about the other 2 movies he mentioned?
I was not aware Dawn and Day had issues. Were they fixed for the BD?

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
I found a review about Day of the Dead which talks about the audio.

DVD Talk Review: Day of the Dead (Blu-ray)

The reviews says the 5.1 mixes haven't been fix but the disc includes the original mono mix in lossy Dolby Digital which doesn't have the problems of the 5.1 mixes. Its a shame the mono mix couldn't have been a lossless PCM track. Why aren't any studio including the original audio mixes in lossless formats? As for Dawn of the Dead I'm not sure if the DVD has audio problems, I could be mistaking and in fact it was just Day with the issues.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Correct on both counts (especially the second one
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
).

bases1616

Agent
Real Name
Alex

Stephen, I announced before Felix that the sound was fixed.

Felix, I am sorry your standards are so low to think this movie was great. Dude, the acting was horrible and there was only one girl that was even remotely attractive. The remake had hotter girls and better acting.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member

This movie is in the Museum of Modern Art's permenant collection. I guess they have low standards too, as well as the myriad critics who have praised this film over the decades. While you may not personally like it, that doesn't mean your opinion is worth squat to anyone except yourself. Other people do like it and it is widely considered to be a classic of the genre.

Regardless, this thread isn't supposed to be about our personal opinions of the film itself. That is why your obnoxious post was flagged as a thread crap. If you want to discuss your personal opinion of the film itself, do that on the film discussion forum.

Vincent

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

Any time someone uses the word "Dude", or talks about other movies being better "because the girls were hotter", never take him seriously.

The original TCM is a disturbing horror classic that achieves its goal. When it comes to its genre, this is one of the greats.

This guy's post wasn't a total loss, however; he's now convinced me to spring for the Blu-ray version.

Dion C

Stunt Coordinator
Dude ~

That is some righteous shit, dude, man, re: TCM's ugly women. The remake was the shit for fixin' that.

Now, if we can all rally around the hope that Coppola's "Godfather" remake will finally grow a pair and fill the screen with smokin' hot %$#& with big hooters and glassy-eyed vacuousness. YEAH!

And what's up with that nasty-ass Talia Shire in "Rocky"? Everyone in my A/V club knows Rock shoulda' held out for some skanky, silicone-jacked blonde in spiked heels and a two-piece! %^&$, yeah!

Well, there's always hope that Lucas will eventually be able to convince Ridley to CGI some big in-yer-face boobage expansion on Sigourney's flimsy t-shirt in the "Alien" climax. And maybe, while he's at it, just CGI a whole new %&^#ing face on her, cuz, you know, she's all ugly and shit.

^%&$, yeah! WooHoo!!! Ain'tItCool rules!!!!

Dude...

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
Also, while watching the new BR version of TCM, I was repeatedly struck by what a brilliant job Daniel Pearl did with the cinematography. That's not something that you normally associate with a low budget '70s exploitation film shot to 16mm. It ain't always pretty but it's always totally on point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks