What's new

Testy Area 51 (2 Viewers)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I loved Transformers. It was my most favorite movie from last year, for the reasons you said Ray.
I need to check my DVDSpot to see how many Bay movies i own. I know Hitchcock is my top movie director.
Hmm...Bay didnt even make the top 15 on my DVDSpot. Had to look him up on my Profiler. I have 5 of his movies on DVD. Ray Austin has the top spot, on my um...DVDSpot. He did a lot of Space:1999.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
What was that Rick? Space 1999? I used to watch that but found it a bit dull, UFO was more enjoyable.
Here's a spoilered shot of Foxy Megan tugging at ther knickers, she'll be 22 next month, aaah. :)
Snipes maintained in a years-long battle with the IRS he did not have to pay taxes, using fringe arguments common to "tax protesters" who say the government has no legal right to collect. After joining Kahn's group, the government said Snipes instructed his employees to stop paying their own taxes and sought $11 million in 1996 and 1997 taxes he legally paid. Kahn was the founder of American Rights Litigators, and a successor group, Guiding Light of God Ministries, that purported to help members legally avoid paying taxes. Kahn, who refused to defend himself in court, was sentenced to 10 years.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
oh my, she apears to stuff her nickers. And since she's jsut truning 22, she's beyaond my 10 year rule for dating, so I guess I'll pass on Megan fox. Her LOSS! :P
Good on the judge for nailing Snipes. It's about time these celebs got hit hard. Too bad the Lindsey Lohans and no talent Hiltons don't get the same treatment. this shouldn't really effect Snipes career anyways, he's pretty much living in Segal direct to video land now I think.
Who's going to the movies this weekend? Elizabeth have an art film set up? I saw the "Shine A Light" Rolling Stones concert film earlier this week. Knocked my socks off and I'm not even a huge fan. Scorsese really knows how to pull off a concert film. It was in IMAX. The opening footage pre-concert was presented in a standard 16:9 ration, then when the concert started it went full IMAX size and totally sucked you in. People clapped after the first song. XD I thought it cool, since that new batman is supposed to bounce between imax size and 2:35 or some such thing, really wide. People thought it would be wonky, but it's seamless when viewing. The band itself was amazing to watch. Sloppy as hell, but you can tell they just love putting on a show and playing music, so it's all forgivin. Neat thing was the guests. JAck White shows up and is totally star struck, can't stop beaming and looks scared. Buddy Guy pretty much gives them a clinic on the Blues, and you can see it's the opposite to JAck White, with the Stones being star struck themself. Christina Agulara just seems out of place, and the band un-impressed. XD

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Steve Christou said:
What was that Rick? Space 1999? I used to watch that but found it a bit dull, UFO was more enjoyable.
Very close Steve. It was The Day After Tomorrow, known to you Brits as Into Infinity. It was indeed made By Gerry Anderson of UFO fame. It had Nick Tate and Brian Blessed in it. It was a pilot for an unsold series. It showed up here as an After School Special in 1975, and i only saw it that one time. I never forgot it. My 13 year old brain soaked it up. Interesting story, the model builder thought he was making a Space:1999 ship, as he did build all the models for that show, so he gave it the Eagle type nose. Anderson was a bit miffed, but they didnt have time of money to change it. You would think they would have details like that nailed down before they built a model!, I am sure Anderson told him to make a cool earth ship.
Anyway, just another 35 year old memory that YouTube has helped cement.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Nice pic of Snipes you posted Steve. Do you think he will long for that other pic of Megan Fox while in the slammer, as he gets slammed!
Might have to watch Blade this weekend. The only other Snipes movie i have is Passenger 57.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Parker! I read your going Mac! I have never used a Mac before. But i will give you it looks beautiful! I know a guy who has a Mac, and its got what looks like a damn 32" flat screen on it. And its a damn fine machine. But i am just now, after 10 years learning my way around Windows. Course Vista has its interesting issues. Baby steps for me. I know far more about TH than computers, and even there i am a light weight.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Ron talked me into buying an iMac. I have it basically set up but I have to still go through the hassle of putting my doc files, all the html files, quicken data files, etc.

One cool thing is a program called Parallels which allows you to run both XP and OS X. I plugged into my wireless net, wireless keyboard and mouse without having to install a thing. I also downloaded Firefox and Thunderbird to use with no problems. I have an external 750G HD so it should be pretty straight forward to transfer files over from my current PC to the new one.

I have the 20 inch model which is more than big enough for a desk top. I don't see how anyone could have a 32 inch monitor setting in front of them and not be overwhelmed. The 24 inch model is huge. The one thing that kind of bugs me is the CD Rom is very noisy when installing a program. It is my understanding that Apple is going to be releasing their upgraded version on Tuesday and from what I have been told I should be able to trade mine in for one of those.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
[leaps into frame] How is everyone? Fine? Good. I'm fine too. It's good to be fine.
Parker has gone Mac?! Nooooo! Actually I like that snazzy interface on the Leopard, the 3D dock looks pretty cool. I still haven't moved on to Vista yet. I like XP. I've grown quite attached to it. 32 inch screen on a laptop Rick? A bit cumbersome innit? ;)
No cinema yet for me, Iron Man will be a must next week.
Watched a remake of Cloverfield, except with zombies instead of monsters. George Romero's Diary of the Dead, which wasn't bad as zombie films go but on the whole unnecessary. Events are filmed on camcorder, more than one this time so at least we get an occasional change of angle. And unlike the Cloverfield cameraman these guys can hold a camera steady, so less nausea this time around unless you're squeamish, a few inventive zombie deaths and munching on flesh and thats your lot, nothing really new here apart from the films real time 'live feed' gimmick, good that what 'live feed' ...aaah fuggedit. :)
htf_imgcache_29118.jpeg

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I watched cloverfield for a second time last night. Still a pretty good movie, I just wished I liked the characters. There's talk of a sequel from a different group of peoples point of view, but I can't get too excited for it. Blair Witch 2 was a disaster of a film and cloverfield is good enough.
Saw "We Own The Night" as well. not a bad if not predictable police drama. Phoenix and Whalberg are good as always.
Next week is Iron Man! Whos' going? Liz??? XD

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I will watch Cloverfield as soon as NetFlix lets me have it. I passed on seeing it in the theater. Didnt want to wear a Dramamine patch. Yea, a 32 inch flat monitor would be cumbersome, it was a widescreen. I have a 20 inch widescreen, and its plenty big sitting 2 feet away from it. But my friend spent something like $4,000 on his setup. I guess he likes to be immersed in it. Who am i to say...i spent $3,500 for a TV 2 years ago!

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickER
[in best Horshack voice] ohh, ohh, me, me, i am going!

I'm gonna go see it too! Can't wait!
htf_images_smilies_biggrin.gif
Although my most anticipated film this summer is obviously Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Holy shit I've been anticipating this film more than anything! Even the Star Wars Prequels! Except I feel sorta "Meh" on the so-called "Special Editions" of the 1980 Trilogy.
Perhaps in an alternate universe there would've been an Indy Jones Trilogy in the 1990's. Keeping with that thought, this would be the third film for this decade's Trilogy. NINE films total!
htf_images_smilies_eek.gif
Um, here's a listing of those Indiana Jones films in the 1990's and this decade from the "alternate universe/dimension". Well, more of speculation but oh well.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_wink.gif
Here we go:

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1992)
Indiana Jones and the Spear of Destiny (1995)
Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix (1998)
Indiana Jones and the ? (2002, title to be decided later)
Indiana Jones and the ? (2005, title to be decided later)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)

I bet my alternate self has all of these on HDDVD or some other format besides Blu-ray, HVD, UDVD or whatever. Hell, in alternate reality anything's possible!
htf_images_smilies_eek.gif

Here's some interior images of the new Tomb of the Gods mini-series from Dark Horse! Holy hell! Dead on likeness to Harrison Ford also. Can't wait!
htf_images_smilies_biggrin.gif

Damn great Indiana Jones is rightfully making a comeback unlike that other overhyped Lucasfilm Ltd. Prequel Trilogy. Too much Star Wars overexposure can be a bad thing.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Indiana Jones, whoa, another must see this summer. I have a feeling it'll be more effects oriented than usual, simply because Lucas is obsessed with CG. I'm going to try and avoid peeking under spoilers so I can enjoy it more. Not like Iron Man where you can work out the storyline just from a couple of trailers. Both Hulk and Iron Man feature titanic bouts with their evil counterparts, Hulk vs Abomination and Iron Man vs Iron Monger. But sadly that Ultraviolet vs Aeon Flux superscuffle will just have to wait...;)
htf_imgcache_29129.jpeg

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm of the opinion that Indy is going to be a disaster, so I'll probaly like it since anything short of a disaster will be pretty good. Make sense? It's the same feeling I had for "X-Men" and I really liked that one.
Aeon Flux Vs. Ultraviolet Vs.The Bride (Kill Bill). I'd pay dirty money to see such a thing!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Russell G said:
I
Aeon Flux Vs. Ultraviolet Vs.The Bride (Kill Bill). I'd pay dirty money to see such a thing!
:D Yep and an Aeon Flux Vs. Ultraviolet Vs.The Bride Vs. Selene (K.Beckinsale - Underworld vamp) scrap would be even better [gurgles]. :laugh:
htf_imgcache_29130.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.