Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Fluffle.jpg

Ray_Rogers1979

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray Rogers
I'm not gone! Still here. Still collecting physical media. Getting interested again with STAR WARS. Not the Sequel Trilogy, mind. So that's been fun. Still working where I work. Not much to type about except I was trying to do something but I got way too in over my head. Instead of getting the STAR WARS books I used to own with the physical releases again, 2008 and prior, I figured on getting them as ebooks in the epub format. I only got to 29 of 153 before I gave up, for now.
Very dangerous. Hope the rest of the Testy Area 51 fellow humans have been doing well! And it's getting to be more and more of a drive-by random post here.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Hi folks!!

I'm not 4K yet, though I try to buy in that format for future-proofing. Now that some releases are 4K disc only (with or w/o digital copy), I got a 4K player though it will downconvert to 1080P on my TV. Being that the TV works perfectly fine and is also 3D capable, I'll hang on to it for a while. Trying to watch my 3D stuff (yeah, right -- only watched 1 3D movie in the last year!!)

The only film I've seen at the theater in several years is "Confess, Fletch" because there was a promo at the time. I don't miss going to the theater, surprisingly. Haven't caught too many Oscar nominees on streaming/disc this year. I loved "The Banshees of Inisherin", did not like "Everything Everywhere", and "Women Talking" was extremely slow and boring to me. Don't understand the fuss over Austin Butler's performance in "Elvis" -- it was fine. . . Haven't seen "The Whale" yet, but I'm rooting for Brendan (though I love Colin Farrell).

I'll be off to Vegas soon for a couple of concerts and to bet on some basketball. There's always a lot changing in that city -- later this year, the new MSG Sphere venue will open with an undoubtedly astronomically-priced U2 residency. Not a fan, but maybe I'll see someone else there eventually. I prefer the smaller venues where the performer doesn't look ant-sized.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Nice to see people here! Are you here? Who's here?

I'm half 4K. I have a PS5 that plays 4K, but it's not hooked up to the 4K TV I have. It's complicated! I'm still collecting physical media, but it's 90% niche companies that aren't really represented on the HTF so I don't hang around much anymore. I've broke my vow and have purposely upgraded some blurays to 4K. I'm a sucker!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've broke my vow and have purposely upgraded some blurays to 4K. I'm a sucker!
Fact.

I cringe when I do it.

The Seventh Seal comes out on 4k in a couple weeks. C'mon! How much better can The Seventh Seal look/sound?!? But...it's one of my favorite al-time films. What to do?!?

ingmar bergman GIF by Maudit

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I actually bought the Sony X700 to go with my 4K TCL TV. Lots of complaints about the X700 "overheating" so I installed some thick standoffs under it for better cooling.

The 4K discs for Lawrence of Arabia was a no-brainer. Same with the 4K of Apocalypse Now. A 5 disc set of 4K Jurassic Park films was only $25 on sale so I got that too.

The X700 does such a fabulous job upscaling that it gives me pause about other 4K disc purchases.

Last edited:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I got that Apocalypse now set, but mainly for the final cut. Picked up the Godfather 4K set only to learn afterward that it's been dicked around with and doesn't represent the original colour timing. Which is apparently a-Okay and fine now on the HTF which is another reason I'm not around much lol.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oh. And I was thinking of Dr. Joe Howard the other day.

He hasn't posted here in 12 years.

And then I thought of Rain (it's been 15 years)...and Parker...

I started to go down a wormhole.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Did anyone ever find out what happened to @Stan? He hasn't posted since July 2018.

It certainly can be a wormhole of monumental proportions, Mike!

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I just ordered something even more inexplicable. The 28 DVD set of All In The Family. Brand new off eBay for $35. Mister we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.