What's new
World Wide Stereo

Testy Area 51 (1 Viewer)

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I was luck enough to see Priest on their farewell tour in 2011. Nice to see them still out there lol.

Kidding aside, I remember it being a pretty good show. I was never a superfan but they did a solid show. I had no complaints. That said it was SHOCKING to see/hear Halford hitting those notes. He would leave the stage after nearly every song, I'm presuming to swallow honey and who knows what else to keep his throat going.
I've seen Priest 3 times, including the 2011 tour at The Joint in Las Vegas. I felt the same way -- I couldn't believe Halford hitting those notes!! Some felt so piercing to my ears! I have his book "Confess" on audiobook but haven't listened to it yet. And I like that he's a cat person!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
My first concert was Judas Priest with special guests Iron Maiden in 1982 on the Screaming for Vengeance and The Number of the Beast tours respectively. Maiden was gaining popularity so Priest wouldn't let them use Eddie on stage but they starting headlining their own tours shortly thereafter anyways. I never saw Priest again but did see Maiden on their Powerslave tour in 1985. Ah, to be young and a metalhead bangin' my head again!

https://www.questrider.com/emoji/rock.gif

Elijah

Supporting Actor
Happy Thanksgiving droogs, hope all's well for everyone these days.

Saw my first grown up movie in a theater in a while (couple years?), Dune. Loved it. I've always been a big fan of the Lynch (Smithe) Dune *dodges tomatoes* so I was a bit anxious of this one but wound up loving it. Would have been great to hear thoughts but I'll watch it again no doubt.

Sorry no Zardoz Thanksgiving pic, I'll have to wait till Christmas to break out the festive red panties of doom I'm afraid.

Enjoy the holidays all!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I had a bunch of stuff keeping me busy over the second half of 2021 and I completely missed my 20th anniversary on the forum. October 9, 2001.

Just a few months later (as a welcoming gift), Steve-o started this thread with his rants about mangoes, oranges and bananas.

You'll pardon me while I go check my mail...

gil-elvgren-pin-up-classic.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennn!

Peg and I just watched the rom-com Serendipity (2001) the other night.

And I just realized its the first time I've ever seen Kate Beckinsale in a movie. I thought you should know.

She was awesome, by the way.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
:D
Cogito, ergo sum

Hey how's everyone? Mike survived the pandemic, anyone else? Our PM has decided to scrap all covid rules by the end of February, and there was much rejoicing. We will just have to live with it instead of hiding in fear from it. Meanwhile let's not forget thousands die each year from cancer and other diseases.

I went to the cinema once in the past 25 months, and that was to see Daniel Craig's final Bond movie. My least favorite of the five he made. Other big blockbusters I've managed to watch on the small screen and to be honest I'm not sorry I missed seeing them on the big screen. Dune p.1 was okay but I still much prefer the David Lynch version. The Eternals was shite, a rare Marvel dud. Matrix Resurrections was D.O.A. Ghostbusters Afterlife was embarrassing. I did enjoy Spider-Man No Way Home.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.