What's new

Testy Area 51 (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Is that devastating hurricane still blowing? I was going to say raging but it doesn't really fit - a raging hurricane - nah, maybe. They should name hurricane's after men you know like er Hurricane Donald or something, not Hurricane Martha or whatever. Hurricane Hillary has a nice alliterative ring to it. <_<

I'm watching Rosemary's Baby, anyone heard of this one? Roman Polanski directed it, Mia Farrow dreams she's having sex with the devil and eventually starts to realize it wasn't a dream, and even worse, she's pregnant! [bites fist] Mia Farrow was married to Frank Sinatra and later had a 12 year relationship with Woody Allen which would end in jaw-dropping controversy. :eek:

fhd968RMB_Mia_Farrow_019.jpg

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Typical Boxster staggered: 225/40-18 and 265/35-18. They went on Wednesday after months of study. More difficult to find both sizes in a single type. Kumho appears to have come a long way in the past few years. Need AS here since I drive year around on dry pavement but it often gets bloody cold here. As an example of how weather changes in a few miles around here, it's presently 65* in Boise, 44* up at Stanley, and central Sawtooths are getting 12" of heavy wet snow above 9,000 feet. Welcome to mountain climates.

Last edited:

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
All 3 of my cars needed tires at the same time. The choice for the Suzuki SX4 AWD was between the Conti PureContact and the Sumitomo HTR P02, both of which are dramatically better than the crummy OEM Turanza EL400-02 that came with the car. I went with the P02s since I'd had such good luck with the P01s on the Miata. With 8 new tires in it now, my garage smells like a tire store.

I can't decide what to do with the Miata. Both Goodrich and Sumitomo have stopped making 14" tires. Those were the last two decent choices for the OEM NA Miata size of 185/60-14. I bought a set of 15" OEM alloys from a later model NB Miata and am considering going with the later OEM fitment of 195/50-15. Decisions, decisions.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.