What's new

Temperature is wrong by 63 degrees! (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I think the weather feature here is broken right now. It's said 0 degrees (F) for me for the past couple days, when it's been in the 40s and 50s. While it's convenient for most people, I'm sure, I don't even use the weather feature here that much because I have 3 temperature icons in my taskbar at all times so I just look down in the corner of my screen if I went to know the temp. :)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
It is dependent on MSNBC and the report that it gives back to the database. If it is shut down or the data is screwed up so will the information be screwed up on the site.

It is working just fine for me.

Parker

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
It appears that MSNBC and The Weather Channel are blocking the use of their information that is used with the script for the weather so I have removed it from our site until this changes.

Parker

LewB

Screenwriter
My MSNBC web page says that the weather info that is normally on my customized MSNBC web page has been moved due to the high traffic they are seeing due to the events in Iraq. Wonder if that has something to do with it ?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Lew:

That might be the problem. I know several other sites that use the same weather program that we use written by JJR512.com and they aren't getting any data either.

I will put this back up in a couple of days and see if we start to get the data back again.

Parker

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I had not expected this, not in my wildest dreams...so I have no notes and might just ramble on with nonsense here. Gosh, just let me look around and savor this moment, I mean, I'll probably never be here again and I want to remember this.
Thanks to the Owners, the Moderators, and...of course, the other Members of the Forum!
Without all of you I could never have been a Sticky Thread!

:D

Jim

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Jim:

Remember "All glory is fleeting".

Looks like a fix has been made so that this works ok now.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandids222
Recent bookmarks