What's new

Team Canada hockey fans - Gold Rush 2002 (1 Viewer)

Steven L

Stunt Coordinator
This DVD is a documentary on Team Canada's Olympic hockey team – from selecting the original 8 players to the gold medal game. It’s pretty much your standard sports documentary, not bad or great, but good. Personally, I would have liked to have seen more highlights from the actual games included; there are some, but not enough for me.

What I really want to point out is that the DVD contains an unadvertised bonus: Gretzky’s post game conference from the Czech game in its entirety. (If you’re a hockey fan and followed the games at all, then you know which press conference I’m talking about. If you don't, then this DVD might not interest you.) I picked it up last weekend from Costco for $15 and considering the Gretzky press conference is included, it’s well worth the price. In fact, had I known it was included, I would have rushed out right away and paid a lot more for it.

You might want to check it out if you're a fan.

RossH

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ross Hudgins
Hi Steven,
Does this DVD contain anything about the women's hockey team as well as the men's? That game against the US where they had 11 (or was it 13) penalties in a row was so unbelievable! Course, we can laugh about it now, but boy was that frustrating!
I never saw the Gretzky press conference, but I saw the highlights. I'll pick this DVD up.
Ross

Steven L

Stunt Coordinator
Ross,

No, it pretty much concentrates on the men's team. It shows them (the men) attending the women’s gold medal game, but the documentary is all about the men.

...and don't get me started on how that game was called!!

Gary Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
I was out of town for the Czech game, and so missed the game and the press conference. What happened at the press conference that would make it an interesting addition to the DVD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks