What's new

TCM VCR Alert: "Love" (1927) Wed. 9:45 PM Pacific (1 Viewer)

Jo_C

Second Unit
For almost two years I've been trying to keep an eye out for probably one of the greatest silent film classics of all time..."Love", the 1927 then-comtemporary remake of "Anna Karenna", with Greta Garbo. Well, when it finally came on way back in December, my computer wasn't ready! I had the TV tuner, but not the proper software to make a VideoCD out of! So I let it pass me by.

Now, this Wednesday, thank God TCM has given me another chance to record this thing.

What is so enchanting about the version of "Love" Turner has out is that it has a "live" soundtrack. According to the Internet Movie Database, the soundtrack was composed and conducted by Arnold Brostoff and recorded at a live performance at Royce Hall, University of California, Los Angeles, California. The experience was a "you are there" feeling, like you are right there with the live audience. You can hear clapping, laughter, crying...everything. As for the visuals, it is silent movie making at its finest.

Sadly, this film is underappreciated today, and not currently a part of TCM's "Silent Sunday Nights" rotating schedule.

Please, I urge you to enjoy this film on TCM this Wednesday night at 9:45 PM Pacific time and set your VCRs and DVRs.

It is the greatest silent film ever made. Don't miss it.

Jo_C

Second Unit
Last chance...don't miss "Love" tonight. By the way, it is part of a Greta Garbo festival (she's TCM's "Star Of The Month" for June).

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Dammit, didn't see this till Thursday. Grrrr. I have the Photoplay novel edition of Anna K too, with the Garbo dust jacket and photos from Love.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks