What's new

TCFHE is the MOST Greedy label when it comes to classic TV. (1 Viewer)

DisneySwan1990

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sagalina Hazzan
Fox is very very notorious for treating a lot of their films and current long-running/fan favourite shows with reverence and godlike status.....and treating their almost-forgotten, award-winning classic shows as if its complete and utter garbage. Their notion is this: if a classic show doesnt sell in the millions or billions, they will forget it, and years later, be happy to licence their shows to such other studios as Shout! Factory and StarVista Entertainment.BTW, I have to give Shout! Factory, StarVista, and WHV credit, because The Wonder Years, 1966 Batman, Hill St Blues, NYPD Blue, The Practice, and Big Valley will finally be released after all these years of agonizing waits Fox has put these devoted longtime fans throughWho else here thinks that Fox is being greedy and forgetful when it comes to classic shows?

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Fox has been on a licensing streak the past year or so. If your post was once correct, hopefully that is no longer the case.

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
And how about season 2 of Burke's Law? I have said this a million times, and I will say it again:

Whoever at Fox suggested jacking up the price for season 2, failed Business 101, and should have lost his job.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
IntoIt said:
And how about season 2 of Burke's Law? I have said this a million times, and I will say it again:

Whoever at Fox suggested jacking up the price for season 2, failed Business 101, and should have lost his job.
I'm still waiting for a Burke's Law season 2 release as well. This is one of the few holy grails left on my list, and I am dying to mark it off! I'm hoping Shout! gets a hold of this one.

DisneySwan1990

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sagalina Hazzan
JoeDoakes said:
Fox has been on a licensing streak the past year or so. If your post was once correct, hopefully that is no longer the case.
But they're still bullies, still refusing to release such award-winning classics as the rests of St Elsewhere, Picket Fences, Dharma and Greg, and King of the Hill, and, most importantly, refusing to release the vast majority of MTM Enterprises titles.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
DisneySwan1990 said:
But they're still bullies, still refusing to release such award-winning classics as the rests of St Elsewhere, Picket Fences, Dharma and Greg, and King of the Hill, and, most importantly, refusing to release the vast majority of MTM Enterprises titles.
Like I said, based on their recent activity, that may no longer be the case. I don't have any inside information though. Do you?

DisneySwan1990

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sagalina Hazzan
JoeDoakes said:
Like I said, based on their recent activity, that may no longer be the case. I don't have any inside information though. Do you?
Yes I do, it's still the case for these and other unreleased titles, too. That's why Fox, Sony, and Disney are greedy devils when it comes to classic TV content.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I still hold out hope that Shout and Fox will come together this year to finish Peyton Place being 50 years old this fall. I keep saying and from what I see this is a trend complete series release at a cheap rate would be the route to go. Gives people the confidence that they will get all of the show. Peyton Place especially being not a stand alone episode show needs that type of release.

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
News Corp and 20th Century Fox split up in late June of 2013. So there have been changes in the executive ranks. 20th Century Fox is now a film and television company. No print magazines anymore.

Lets' hope that spells good news for the future.

DisneySwan1990

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sagalina Hazzan
Mark Collins said:
I still hold out hope that Shout and Fox will come together this year to finish Peyton Place being 50 years old this fall. I keep saying and from what I see this is a trend complete series release at a cheap rate would be the route to go. Gives people the confidence that they will get all of the show. Peyton Place especially being not a stand alone episode show needs that type of release.
Yeah, we want complete series releases at inexpensive costs, especially for classic shows that have never been available on any home video format for years

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
I want a legit release of "My Friend Flicka," which was, I believe, the very first color TV series produced by a major studio.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
They are becoming more agreeable to licensing but its too bad that wasn't the case 10 years ago when DVD sales were much higher and companies could make money off most shows. The market has changed so much that now many titles no longer can be expected to break even, let alone turn a profit.

DisneySwan1990

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sagalina Hazzan
Neil Brock said:
They are becoming more agreeable to licensing but its too bad that wasn't the case 10 years ago when DVD sales were much higher and companies could make money off most shows. The market has changed so much that now many titles no longer can be expected to break even, let alone turn a profit.
So they still stop releasing it after a few seasons, due to low sales and unpopularity?

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
People must have confidence they are getting all of Peyton Place and then sales would be better. I advocate shows such as PP to be made in a limited edition form and then such as Dark Shadows if the show sells out print some more as MPI did with DS a couple of years ago.

I still hope for a complete release this year. We shall see.

UniversalPhan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathan Winters
While Shout does a pretty good job, I was not impressed with the quality of the Bewitched sets. Jamming too many episodes onto a single DVD has resulted in some freaking picture quality issues, not mention a lot of grain and anti-aliasing issues on the sides of the screen. Shout seems to be the only studio doing quality releases. This is why I'm avoiding Mill Creek like the plague.

UniversalPhan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathan Winters
I wasn;t referring to that Shout released Bewitched, Mill Creek did. Like I said, I wasn't impressed with the Mill Creek releases, which is why I'm staying away from all of the titles that they are releasing.

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
David Rain said:
How dare companies want to make money. What is this? America?
How dare you defend corrupt organizations.

Burke's Law was one of the strongest sellers for VCI. But then for no reason, some stupid nitwit working for Fox suggests jacking up the price for season 2, and VCI backed-away.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks