What's new

Tao Feng:Fist of the Lotus? (1 Viewer)

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
Is anyone picking this game up? I'm convinced to drop $50 on this title. I've been keeping a close eye on it on some of the sites as well as www.trmk.org . Take a look at http://www.ign.com also. Let's get feedback from you gamers on this title.:emoji_thumbsup: :thumbsdown:

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking forward to it, but I'm definitely renting first. It looks better than MK:DA by a longshot, but I haven't heard a thing about the gameplay...

-Dave

Damien

Supporting Actor
nah, if you didn't know it got a 6.4 from gamespot, and 3/10 at gamespy/xbn, so be sure you rent first.

Doug H

Agent
IGN gave it an 8.7, Extended Play seemed pretty impressed on the preview, but they haven't reviewed it yet. I was really shocked by the low score XBN gave it (3/10).

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
Some sites seem to be discussing the earlier versions, meaning ?% complete. If you check out Gamespot's review. It's the same write up as the preview they gave when they had an uncompleted copy. Read it and you'll see what I mean. Their has been some issues with discussed slow down with some of the larger characters such as Exile and Wulong Goth. The trailer look awesome to me. It's something fresh and new from studiogigante, but with Tobias behind the helm I'm giving it a chance. It might not be perfect the first time around. With two years in development, it looks better than what MK:DA gave us with 2+(no offense). Maybe TF2 will be a whole new beast in itself.

Charles

James Zos

Supporting Actor
I've been looking forward to checking this one out. The reviews are definitely all over the map.

www.gamerankings.com

Reading the reviews gives me no clue as to which camp is correct: those completely trashing the game or those who really like it. The former seem to mention lousy animations a lot...

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Some comments about xbn reviews. If you read the reviews, they're shockingly low on content. Their mvp baseball review tells you absolutely nothing and I do mean absolutely nothing about the game, but I did learn that Mo Vaughn is fat. I like the mag for its feature articles, previews, and its non-biased coverage, but I wouldn't base a purchase decision on one of their reviews.

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor

I'd always be a tad skeptical of IGN's XBox reviews, since they write the XBox official magazine. Maybe subtract 1 to 1.5 points off of the IGN rating.

There's also the reader reviews on GameSpot, so that's another thing to look at.

But all things being equal, I'd be more inclined to think that the GameSpot rating was a bit less biased.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
But all things being equal, I'd be more inclined to think that the GameSpot rating was a bit less biased.
But it's a XBox game??

By the accounts I've read, it has a very specific style of fighting play that may or may not appeal - I kind of expect reviews across the board because of that.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Brian, well what do ya know it does. Even though Imagine is not called that anymore, they are now Future Network USA, and they're the actual publisher of OXM now.

Back on topic though, going by your logic, you should be skeptical of any review they do since they do magazines for all major systems, right? Or is it just because they publish the "Official" magazine?

I still trust IGN over Gamespot any day of the week. But I'll take word of mouth recommendations more than any review, printed or online.

James Zos

Supporting Actor
"But I'll take word of mouth recommendations more than any review, printed or online."

I think I tend to agree. So let's have some. Anybody check this game out yet?

Also, I'm dying to learn about UFC: Tapout 2, since I played the first one to death. IGN gave it a 7.1...any one want to post highlights from their "insider" review?

Damien

Supporting Actor
I've stopped taking IGN reviews seriously when they gave Raw a 9.1. Either Microsoft pays them or they play the game for a very short period of time, both which probably occur. If they really think unreal,doa,and blinx are that good they are screwy, if i owned the site they(aaron and hil) would be fired since they throw there credibility out the window. Yes gamespot puts dumb reviews in like skies of arcadia, tony hawk 3, and others, but those are few and far in between compared to ign and has saved me money, so I go with them.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Imagine Media doesn't exist anymore, they were purchased by FutureNet publishing some time ago.

Even if they did, there is no relation to IGN, except that Imagine started IGN and sold it to Snowball Media a long time ago.

And even if there was a connection, the logic seem odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks