Tallahassee hdtv???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AlClarkJr, Nov 2, 2002.

1. AlClarkJr

AlClarkJr Stunt Coordinator

Anyone out there live in Tallahassee, Fl or very close by knows the status on when we will receive hdtv broadcasts? Titan tv says November 1st but the locals are hard to reach by phone and everyone I ask doesn't have an answer or for that matter doesn't even know anything about hi-def. (just a lil' country town) I really want to buy a hdtv receiver but I don't want to get it if there's no hdtv. thanks for your input.

2. Jim__B

Jim__B Stunt Coordinator

I am in Tallahassee, and am just as curious as you. My guess is it won't be very soon knowing how slow Tallahassee is at getting stuff. Do you think the city's cable commission would know? Who have you called, WTXL,WCTV, WTWC, and WTLH. Do you have cable or a dish? I give a call Monday to see what they tell me, maybe the more people that call will help.

3. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Supporting Actor

Hey guys,

I'm down here in Ft Myers and our ABC and NBC affiliates just began broadcasting in HDTV last week. Woohoo! TitanTV had both of their status listed at mid October, so they weren't that far off. Hopefully, their prediction for you will be close too.

I've been talking to our Fox and CBS Affiliate by email and they both have been pretty responsive.

Peace,

DM