What's new

ready for hdtv (1 Viewer)

AlClarkJr

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all, here in Tallahassee we're getting ready to get hdtv over the air broadcast. What is a good reasonibly price hdtv receiver,(not a dss system)just regular ota also does anybody use an indoor antennae? thanks for the help.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The prices for OTA only and some of the DirecTV/OTA receivers are very close. I picked up an open box Hughes E86 for $419+tax about a month ago.

I use a $5 Radio Shack double bow tie antenna sitting on top of my TV. It's angled in the general direction of the towers which are about 20 miles away. When I get some free time, it's going in the attic to keep the wife happy.

-Robert

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
The Radio Shack double bow tie antenna works very well for me. I pick up channels from Sacramento which is over 50 miles away from me and they look great. I think that it's the best indoor antenna you'll find and it's very cheap. I had to order mine online because none of my local RS stores carried it.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
The bowtie doesn't work for me, because it's too directional. But I live less than three miles from the main broadcast tower. The bowtie is known to work very well for people from fairly far away (10-40 miles.) If you're as close as I am, I would look elsewehre. If you're further away, you will likely need something larger or outdoor.
I assume in FL you're not going to have to worry much about hills or mountains being in the way. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks