What's new
World Wide Stereo

Taking the BIG STEP (1 Viewer)

Rodney01

Auditioning
Real Name
Rodney
I have done my homework but i need to know if anybody has got any input on what I'm looking at.TVs Samsung PN63C8000,PN58C8000.Receiver-Yamaha RXV567,Speakers Klipsch RF-52 Front,RS-42 Back,RC-52 Center,RW-10D Sub.Blueray Player Samsung BDC-6900 or the BDC-6500.I have also looked at the Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT25 and TC-P58VT25 but the review on these 2 are real mixed.So if anybody is out there that can reassure me that I'm on the right track.Where every thing is compatible 3D.Thank You.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
It looks like the Samsung display, BluRay player and Yamaha 567 all support 3D.

As for the speakers, Klipsch is know to be a very bright sounding speaker with their horn loaded (same principle as cupping your hand over your mouth) tweeters. Many find this type of sound to be fatiguing but others revel in it. Make sure you do as well. The benefit of Klipsch speakers is they don't require as much power as most other types of speakers to produce the same sound level or pressure (aka, sound pressure level or SPL-sometimes referred to as a speakers sensetivity).

Speaker manufactures like Klipsch, Polk, Infinity, etc. usually don't make subs that are of the highest performance available. Not saying they are bad, just that there are better options out there like SVS, HSU, Elemental Designs and a new kid on the block, Lava. These are available on the internet only but have a large and faithful following. On paper the RW-D10 looks pretty good but sub woofers really aren't my area of expertise.

And no need to spend a lot on cables or wire. With big brand names most of your money goes to their profit line.

Rodney01

Auditioning
Real Name
Rodney
Thanks,I have also looked at the Onkyo HTS7300 complete set up.And as for HDMI cables and 3D glasses.I can get a better deal online.Got any thoughts on the HTS7300.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Yhe Onkyo reciever that comes with the 7300 and the Yamaha567 would be about a wash, though people around here really like Audyssey. But the speakers, which are O.K. for what they are, are the real weak point in these Onkyo htib's. The Klipsch speakers and sub you mentioned earlier, and just about any name brand or internet-direct speakers, would trounce those Onkyo's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks