What's new

Pre-Order Take The Money And Run (1969) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81mwh77D+-L._SL1500_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
My all-time favorite Woody Allen film. Been waiting on this one for a long time.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yes! This one and Play It Again Sam (although not directed by Woody Allen) are two that I have been waiting for.

Alas, good luck on PLAY IT AGAIN SAM ever being released. I believe that is a Paramount title.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
It appears Play It Again Sam is being re-released ON DVD later this month by Paramount (why?)
They are re-releasing titles that were previously distributed by Warners as part of the their (now ended) distribution agreement Mike has indicated it makes the weekly round-up more difficult as these are NOT new releases but re-releases of previously issued discs ...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am not certain if Play It Again Sam was issued by Warner on DVD, but it doesn't surprise me that for one reason or another, it's being reissued on the format. I just don't think we will see it on Blu-ray anytime soon given the fact that none of the hundreds upon hundreds of Paramount catalog titles have yet to be released to Blu-ray.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
I am not certain if Play It Again Sam was issued by Warner on DVD, but it doesn't surprise me that for one reason or another, it's being reissued on the format. I just don't think we will see it on Blu-ray anytime soon given the fact that none of the hundreds upon hundreds of Paramount catalog titles have yet to be released to Blu-ray.

I have a few of Woody Allen's oeuvre on my wish list for blu ray release

What's Up Tiger Lily? (1966) - AIP
Play It Again Sam (1972) - Paramount
Husbands And Wives (1992) - Sony
Manhattan Murder Mystery (1993) - Tristar
Deconstructing Harry (1997) - New Line
Wild Man Blues (1998) - Fine Line
Sweet And Lowdown (1999) - Sony
Melinda And Melina (2005) - Fox Searchlight

I have a few titles that have only been released in Scandinavia and Europe from fairly poor scans/masters (e.g. Match Point, Bullets Over Broadway), which I would purchase again if Twilight Time or Arrow had a go at them. I'm not a completist (despite having 39 of his films) and there are some of his films I would absolutely not miss if they were never given a decent hi-def release.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I just ordered the 2017 DVD of Play It Again, Sam. For some reason, I never picked this up before.

At just over $5, it is a good deal. If someone eventually releases it on Blu (unlikely), I'm not out that much

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Husbands And Wives (1992) - Sony
Manhattan Murder Mystery (1993) - Tristar
Sweet And Lowdown (1999) - Sony
Melinda And Melina (2005) - Fox Searchlight

I could see Twilight Time licensing these from Sony and Fox, respectively, considering they have had good success with the MGM licensed Allen films.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
For those who have the Kino BD of "Take the Money...": any thoughts on the disc quality? Old transfer or new transfer?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
For those who have the Kino BD of "Take the Money...": any thoughts on the disc quality? Old transfer or new transfer?

I happened to watch this earlier today.

Looks okay -- better than previous releases. That being said, I don't think there was any new scan done for this release. The picture isn't overly sharp. Colors are not pronounced. There's nothing exceptional about the presentation. All that can be said is that it looks better than the DVD only because it's now on a higher bandwidth format.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks