What's new

System of a Down (1 Viewer)

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I'm surprised nobody has commented on Mezmerized yet...

It's a pretty solid album IMO...chaotic, varied and fairly political as you'd expect from SOAD.

I was a little surprised to hear Serj taking a back seat on the vocals and I'm not sure thatsa really good thing because he's a better vocalist with a more unique sound.

The harmonizing is very good however, Serj is still lead vocal on about half the songs, and the band is still amazingly diverse vocally.

The buzz about this album is that it's not as good as Toxicity and that may be true....Still though, there is no band like System of a Down and it's good to see them changing a bit without moving toward the mainstream.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
my gf bought this album as she loves soad. personally, i think the music is pretty good, but i cannot stand the way serj sings. granted, he has a very unique style. i'm just not feeling it. b.y.o.b. is growing on me though. i think i prefer toxicity to this album. just my 2 cents.

kevin t

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I've been listening to it solid for about 2 weeks, and I think I like it more than their first two albums. Serj and Daron harmonizing is done really well, and I find most of the songs more emotional than previous efforts. Can't wait until the second half comes out in the fall.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I only heard the first single, but I liked it. I was going to go pick it up this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks