What's new

Switching from TV to Projector through Denon Amp (1 Viewer)

Rob from bb

Auditioning
Real Name
RobinK
Have just purchased new Denon Amp and am running a Blue Ray DVR and an LCD TV using HDMI. Also have an older Panasonic projector which I have connected using component cables to the componet monitor out on the amp but cannot make them talk to each other to see the picture. What do I have to do so that I can change over from the TV to the projector

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
You might try disconnecting the HDMI. Some receivers won't send out over analog is it senses a digital connection. What amp are you using?

Rob from bb

Auditioning
Real Name
RobinK
I am using a Denon AVR2312. Have the TV connected to HDMI Monitor Out and the projector to Component Monitor out. and the BD to the relevant HDMI port. BD & TV are working properly. There has to se a setting I need to change but I have no idea what it is. This is my first amp so I am learning as I go.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Any sources that are input via HDMI can only be output via HDMI. You can't "downconvert" from HDMI to component.

You'll need to connect the BR player to the receiver using component cables if you plan to use the component outs from the receiver.

Rob from bb

Auditioning
Real Name
RobinK
Thanks for this - have also discovered that the blu ray player we have just bought did not have component outs which was why it wouldn't work. And having no experience with amps did not make the connection until someone told us. So we are taking BD back to store and they are swapping for another brand which has correct connections. So problem should be solved. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks