What's new

SVS with other subs (1 Viewer)

When other SVS owners replaced their old subs with a SVS did you use the other unit as a second sub or did you just eliminate your old unit?

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
SVS 20-39PC with a Klipsch KSW-15.
Sometimes I wonder what happened to the Klipsch :)
On a serious note, it does sweeten up the 30-60hz range. I will be purchasing an Ultra when space allows.
What sub are you thinking about hanging on to or getting rid of?
Jeremy

I just got a SVS 25-31 PC and I have a Boston Acoustics CR400. I was thinking of keeping the CR400 and set its crossover low so that it will give the room more bass effect for those big LFE effects. My HT room is big with high ceilings and opens up into a kitchen area so there is a lot of air to move.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Keeping the other subwoofer(s) can work well,esp if you have a larger room with only a single SV for now.
As noted, you might have to play with the controls on the other woofs a little to get them to more closely mimic the overall sound of the SV.
All the SVs are considered *critically damped*...with system Q in the .5 to .57 range. This is one of the main reasons why so many are surprised by how musical and tight the SVs sound. We could have traded off system Q....raised it to a more "boomy" .6-7+ area(like other manufacturers often use to gain some cheap SPLs)...but we wanted a subwoofer that excels on both music and HT. Our objective performance has been verified by Tom Nousaine,and our subective feedback is even better.
So you might not get the other woof to sound exactly the same as the SVS...but with some careful tweaking...you might get it close enough to benefit rather than degrade the overall sound of the system.
TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks