What's new

SVS has no bass with music? (1 Viewer)

Tom Weeks

Stunt Coordinator
I have an SVS 20-39PC coupled with a Yamaha HTR5280. I have the SVS hooked up to the LFE port on the Yamaha. The problem is that while watching dvd movies, I have thundering bass, but when I put in an audio-music cd, I get very little bass even with the sub volume turned up higher. Is it possible that my receiver is not outputting any bass through the LFE port when it is not a Dolby source. I use the dvd player for both dvd and cd functions. I was wondering if perhaps I should reconnect the SVS in line with the main speakers instead of using the LFE port?

Dan Mercier

Stunt Coordinator
Are you main's set as small speakers?
If they are set as large you may not get any bass sent
to your subwoofer.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
On my receiver I had to seperately set the mains to small for DVD and for CD. If you do this it should fix your problem.
------------------
Rich
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Joe D

Supporting Actor
Make sure that you have your speakers set to small, and also that you have the bass out option set to subwoofer. There are 3 settings, subwoofer, main, and both. Set it to subwoofer, that 'should' fix the problem.
------------------
Joe Dahlen
"Take hold of the flame, you've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks