What's new

SVS B4+ pics as promised!!! (1 Viewer)

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Wow - great looking pics! I love the orientation, with all the vents facing out. Any chance of a review?

Ed

Martice

Screenwriter
Hi Tommy, It is such a wonderful lookig sub. I bet it plays even better than it looks. It's bigger than my current sub and it's 26" squared and 160lbs without the amp.:eek:

Enjoy your new monster.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Thanks Martice!

Edward, yup...full review will be coming..I bought 10 dvd's just for that fact:) So far, as of 10pm last night, it sounded absolutely amazing...now to crank the K1, and give'er heck!! I did play a few cd's, and it too sounded crisp, VERY tight...it blends SO well with my digm 40's, its tough to explain...I WILL have a review, and numbers...gimme a while to get things organized as I haven't had it long:) tom

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Hey Chad:) I use the following: paradigm reference studio 40's / 20's and studio center channel for speakers, marantz sr8200 receiver, crown K1 amplifier, and a old panny rp-56 for a dvd player (waiting for the denon 2900 review....hope its good:) I use bettercables, Monster, and AR pro interconnects. Sounds remarkably good...even using a receiver instead of seperates..marantz has some good true power, and the digm 40's don't hurt either:) tom

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Did you read the one in audio/video section. Someone compared the 2900 to the pioneer 47 I beleive.

What tv do you use?

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Yup...just read that this morning!! thanks for the heads up!! I use a mitsubishi 55" widescreen for video. great TV. update: Just playing around with some cd's..popped in the coors..good lord...ya talk about blending...that B4+ blends so well with the speakers...and it is DAMN accurate/tight...did I say TIGHT??...the most accurate I have yet to listen to... don't get me wrong, I had the 2039 pci, and it is great sub...but apples to apples won't work here:)

ChadLB

Screenwriter
C'mon tommy the b4 is 4/5 times the money of the 2039 pci....how do people have this much money to spend on a sub.....oh well I will enjoy my 25-31pci for the time being.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
I hear ya Chad...I fully enjoyed my 2039 pci when I had it...it was very accurate and I couldn't find a sub better...the ONLY reson I upgraded to the B4+ was not to dose my 2039, but because I went ot a huge family room...its almost 5000 cubic feet...when I said apples to apples, I meant ya can't compare them because in its price class the pci series would pretty much dose anything in its class.... I love the looks of those subs...hey, if I had 700 to spend, I would have done the same thing as you did:) You look to have a pretty large family room/living room yourself...I take it the SVS holds its own huh?

whats your next upgrade? lol...isn't it neverending? :D

Luis M

Second Unit
Tommy, Did you finally managed to calibrate the Marantz and did you get rid of the bass peak level?

Great looking pics.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Hey Luis..thanks bud! well, I got it down to 10...I coudln't take the frickin sound any lower...:) I tried to turn the sub off on the marantz and lower it to 0, but I didn't think it worked..I'll try again though...they should make it easier:) Sounds awesome...review coming after I get through my dvd testing..and music too:) so far..unexplainable...truely..as I stated..VERY tight...just flowing like no tomorrow..love it...but what svs can't do that?:) thanks for checking in...tom

Luis M

Second Unit
Tommyl, In order to really make your sub sound out of this world, you have to eleminate that peak level altogether. You must TURN OFF your sub's amp (not from the receiver but actually disconect your sub from the socket) and then go to your receiver and put that peak level all the way up on the + side as it increases to the right, there will be a huge difference in bass.

Luis M

Second Unit
Tommyl, after you get your bass peak level to the max, plug back your sub and try it again. putting it to the max will actually get it out of the way. Remember this is not the regular set up page where you can set the rest of the speakers, this would be the following page.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
ahhh...I got ya...sweet!! As I stated, I couldn't nor could my house, handle anymore below -10 ...that'll help out:) thanks Luis! gonna get that going now...tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks