What's new

SVS 25-39 PCi tuned to 22hz? (1 Viewer)

Blair Gifford

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone explain what this is? What are advantages and disadvantages of this?

oops I meant 25-31

Thanks

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
The 25 stands for the tuning frequency of the port (determined by length and diameter). When they say 25(22)-31, it means that the port is tuned to 22 hz. This has the advantage of somewhat deeper bass, but it costs in SPL. I don't know the exact figures, but as the 25-31 PCi is already so loud, i don't think an average person will miss it!

I don't own one, so can't say whether the difference is audible and worth the extension.

Tom Beski

Agent
I have also seen this mentioned.....Does this "Custom Tuning" from 25 down to 22 cost extra?? If so, how much?? Is this done at the SVS factory before they ship out a new unit??

Thanks,

Tom

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Tom,

No cost if specified during the order process (just e-mail us). Current owners can actually get one after the fact but it costs $29. Not bad but not free either.

Ron

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
This sounds like the perfect solution for me. Due to space and SAF, I really need to get the smaller enclosure of the 25-31PCI. Also, due to my high propensity for music and my small room, the 25-31 made more sense anyway, but knowing I can tune it to 22htz for extra movie impact and only sacrifice a couple DB up top, really makes it the perfect tweek for my needs. I will be ordering one of these in the fall for sure as my next upgrade.;)

Blair Gifford

Stunt Coordinator
How do you know what you should get it tuned it to? Is it just personal preference? Is 22hz the best of both worlds or is it just the most common?

ahhhh I'm pretty confused.

p.s anyone know how i can change the thread title?

Jeff Brink

Stunt Coordinator
Blair,
The lower the Hz number the lower the bass. If you like to listen to pipe organs, then you probably want to consider the sub with the lowest Hz tuning - the 16-46. However, if you don't need to hear, or in most instances feel, bass this low, the 25-31 will work for you - tuned lower or not.
Your best bet is to communicate with Tom and Ron directly. They will be able to guide you into the sub that gives you the sound you are looking for with the layout you have to work with. Go to their website and drop them a line - they will probably respond faster than you think. Good luck! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks