What's new

SVS 25-31PCi or INTERLUDE 120S or PS1200 (Subwoofers) (1 Viewer)

Colin-K

Agent
What do you like and why?

1)SVS's 25-31PCi
2)Infinity's Interlude 120S
3)Paradigm PS1200

I'd like to thank everyone for helping me choose my system.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I'm not famaliar with the Interlude, but drop the PS1200 from the list. Bandpass boom box :thumbsdown:
I just looked up the Infinity. I'm confident in saying that the SVS will outgun it from it's specs (especially in the last octave). The SVS is no slouch in sound quality, not sure how the 120S will sound (go give it an audition). But unless it is significantly cheaper than the SVS I'd go with the SVS.
However, got some tools and a little wood working know how? If you do, strongly consider building your own enclosure and sticking in a driver from Adire, Parts Express, Styke, BluePrint etc. For the money spent a DIY sub cannot be touched performance wise.

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
I never heard the Infinity or the Paradigm, but I have a 25-31PCi and it rocks.

I also have a pair of 20-39's and the single PCi almost matches the pair of CS20-39's with the original drivers. For $499 you cant go wrong.

In fact I'm probably gonna get the new driver for my 39's.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
SVS all the way...great service/great product, and great price!!:) I'm VERY happy with my 2039 pci.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Earle,
Yes, the driver switch was worth quite a bit of performance. Not that the original unit was skunk...it did do 109.5 for TN after all :)
I haven't heard the PS1200(that I can recall), but its FR is very flat...so it shouldn't really have a boomy quality. There are some very nice bandpass designs out there. The older ADS worked quite well, the PS1200 is highly praised, and I believe some of the Whise stuff is PB although they don't call it that because of bose patent issues.
TV

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Tom

I dont want to highjack Colins thread, but did you get my email?

Earle

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks