What's new

SVS 20-39PCi vs. Shiva Sonotube (1 Viewer)

eric nyhof

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, I was just wodering how a shiva sonotube (any size) with a PE 250 Watt plate amp would stack up against a SVS 20-39 PCi,

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
The PCi wins. Why?

1 email and it's delivered, no tools.

No Math

No Dust

No Logistics

Same or better performance

Service for any problems

Resale value

But the Shiva - -

Shiva can be custom everything

Looks can be custom tailored

Cool factor of doing it yourself

Tweak the most out of it...

Gimme my SVS

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Depends on how big of an improvement the new standard driver is over the old one. A Shiva sonotube with a 250W amp would have easily bested the old 20-39PC. But with the new amp and the new driver, I'd imagine it would be a much closer comparison now. With out T/S specs on the new driver, or objective comparison data, I won't hazard a guess as to which one would have the slight edge. But I will say depending on the improvement in the new standard driver that edge will be small which ever direction it goes. Hell they might even be equivalent.

A Shiva sonotube you propose would be equivalent to the Dharman if it had a net internal volume of 109L and was tuned to 22hz using dual 3" flared ports. Take from that what you will.

To add to Colin's list, if you have the tools the Shiva sonosub can be a chunk cheaper, like almost half as much.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
There was one comparison done and posted at HTT a while back...you might be able to find it with a search. The HT enthusiast was comparing the old 20-39pc to the dharman. It was a wash (although he didn't send the 20-39pc back for a refund) more or less.

Unless the diy sonotube was designed to outgun thedahrman I think a 39PCi would compare very well.

TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks