What's new

SVideo problem from SA HD cable box from TWD (1 Viewer)

davepr

Stunt Coordinator
I have a SA 2000HD Cable box hooked to a Hitachi 43uwx10b. The component hook up works fine for HD programming. I tried to utilize the SVideo hook for non HD programming. I was getting faint light and dark vertical 'stripes' about 1/4 to 1/2" wide accross the entire screen. When I switched to my RF connection there was not problem. When I ran my DVD player (normally hooked through the 2nd set of component hookups) on an Svideo hook up with the same Svideo cable there is no problem what-so-ever. So I am currently back to a composit conection for non_HD viewing as a work-around

Any suggestion on what the cause of the problem is? and how it may be fixed.

Dave

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Sounds to me like a box problem. I'm using the same box with my Mits and don't have any problems, now. Of course this is my 3rd box. My current understanding is that these boxes are notoriously fluky.

Good luck.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
The S-Video output on the 2000HD is, quite simply, crappy! Try using the composite video output.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks