What's new

Svideo and Optical Hookup for Xbox (1 Viewer)

Mikey dan

Auditioning
Trying to determine how to hookup an Xbox and DVD with only one Svideo connection on the TV. I have a Marantz SR7000 receiver with Svideo switching. The Xbox requires an optical cable for Dolby digital. Any suggestions on a cable under $30? Currently have the DVD hooked directly to the TV and unplug the DVD Svideo and hookup the Xbox in its place. The Xbox has the RCA jacks for hookup as well. Debating on whether I should go this route(RCA jacks). I thought Svideo would clearly give a better picture? If so, I would hookup the DVD player to the Svideo on the receiver and hookup the Svideo from the Xbox into another input and then run another Svideo cable from the monitor out on the receiver to the Svideo connection on the TV itself. I would need more Svideo cables, I have one by better cables and do not want to spend that much on a cable if the difference is not that great. Suggestions for Svideo cables under$30? Will this work? Thanks for any suggestions.

Mike

Ottis Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
That would work. Or you can get a A/V selector for about $20. For the cables you can find each one of those for under $30 if you get Acoustic Research. Dont get the really cheap brands.

Lee Carbray

Second Unit
You would need a total of three s vid cables to run them through the receiver. xbox to receiver, dvd to receiver, and receiver to tv. Check out the Acoustic research cables. They are reasonably priced and get good reviews here. Look at the performance or pro series. They have optical cables too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks