What's new

SV Subs, Do they ever go on sale ? (1 Viewer)

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
Probably a dumb question in that they are already a great deal,
but have to ask anyway,
has anyone seen them on sale, rebated
or discounted in any way?
are they only available through the svs website?

thanks,

-miles

RickMo

Stunt Coordinator
Miles. Don't forget to check frequently SV's "B-stock" page. There's also audiogon.com as well as the "Used subwoofers for sale" link page on this Forum's main subwoofer page (it's hidden in between all the ads). I've seen various SVS for sale on all three of these locations. Keep looking ... I've got the 2049PC and it's definitely made a favorable impact on my HT.

(I just noticed an SVS 2531 for $350 (powered??) shipping from 85737 zip on http://www.hometheaterforum.com/imag...vsubpage.html.)

RickMo

Stunt Coordinator
I also forgot to mention the forum at klipsch.com under the subwoofers heading. Good hunting!

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Miles,

We once experimented with a sale. But found it difficult to administer, and for customers confusing with regards to "what price are SVS's today, tomorrow and the next day?" questions.

We resolved to simply keep our prices as low as we could (and still stay in business) all the time. Further we felt it simply the professional thing to announce expected price increases wherever we could. Call it an "anti-sale" approach, where you always know what your SVS will cost, won't find it "on sale" a day, a week or two months after you buy.

We're so pressed to keep up with demand as it is that frankly we feel it's counterproductive to take time administer a sale (thinking, "Gee, maybe they should be this price all the time???"). Having tried it, we know in the long run "sales" just detract from our first goal: Selling the highest quality in materials, design and workmanship, at the lowest sustainable price ... 24/7

Hope that explains a bit.

PS, as noted besides occassional used SVS's on the market the only place you can currently get them is off our web site. See goal number one for why ;^)

Ron

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Ron!

I like your approach. It is a sinking feeling to pay top buck, only to find it on sale 31 days later.
Judging by all the reviews and loyal customers, I'm thinking SV is my kind of company.

-miles

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Good choice...and from what I've gathered talking to Tom V(svs co-owner) for the past 6 months...they are having a beast of a time just keeping up with the demand..they are great subs...I wouldn't be a repaeat buyer if they weren't:)

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
One last question.

I'm currently running dual Polk subs. I know you're not supposed to be able to hear or sense direction of sub sound, but I do.
It may be a placement issue, but I definitely could feel/hear more sound in the front of the room until I added a second sub in the rear.
I'm also somewhat concerned with power useage, as I hope to run my next home on solar/battery power.

My Question is:

Would one 20-39 PC+ using 525 watts, perform as well as two 20-39 PCI subs using 320 ea. for a total of 640 watts?

thanks,

-miles

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks