What's new

Survey: What's the best-looking floorstander UNDER $3000? (1 Viewer)

Arnel Enero

Stunt Coordinator
Currently, my votes are for both the $2500 Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home (in piano gloss) and $2600 B&W CDM 9NT (in natural cherry)... depending on the house furniture.

How about you?

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I'd get a pair of these JBL Tik 4ways which can be had for less than the $3500 msrp.
They would perfectly match my subwoofer which will soon be finished maple and aluminum.
It's all about the silver and maple combo. Exotic materials teamed with unique concepts produces modern loudspeakers. :)

CoreyH

Stunt Coordinator
In my opinion, the title of this thread should be change to "What's the best SOUNDING floorstanders for under $3,000?"

Shouldn't what they sound like be the most important thing, with how they look being an added bonus?

Maybe that's just me.

Arnel Enero

Stunt Coordinator
Shouldn't what they sound like be the most important thing, with how they look being an added bonus?
Yes, sound is the TOP consideration for buying speakers, I agree completely. :)
Please don't confuse this survey as a basis of my purchase of a speaker. I already have my preferences in terms of sound, just wondering what reasonably-priced, beautiful speakers are out there... plain curiosity. :)

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I'd check out the Polk LSi15 or LSi25. You get a beautiful speaker and great sound :)
Don't just think because they are Polk's they can't compete with the big boys ;) In fact there were designed to compete with speakers named above.
Brian
BTW My vote for most Beautiful speakers > $3k would be the B&W Natalius 802 :)

Mike Veroukis

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael
Well, I agree with the last two posts; Martin Logans and Energy Veritas are nice looking speakers. I've always liked the look of the Mission speakers but they aren't as high end I suppose. I really like the Totem "Wind" speaker. And of course there's the Magnaplaners.
- Mike

AaronMg

Stunt Coordinator
If the sound didn't matter, I would probably take something in the Bang & Oulefson line. If sound is important, I would probably pick the B&W CDM 9NT.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks