What's new

Surrounded by Bare Naked Ladies (1 Viewer)

FeisalK

Screenwriter
sorry, couldn't resist the title ;)

it's called "Everything to Everyone" there is a release with CD+DVDA. Anyone got this yet?

Sean Cauley

Stunt Coordinator
Picked it up the other day (note: it's in a foldout CD package, so stores will probably have it with CDs and not in the DVD-A section). I listened to the CD in the car while running errands that day, and wasn't thrilled with it (I'm a latecoming fan to BNL, having attempted for years to resist their goofy charm, despite the proddings of friends who've been huge fans of theirs since Gordon; I'm seeing them in concert in March, so I figured I'd get the new album to get caught up). Listening to the DVD-Audio disc at home, though, I really got into it. The first couple of tracks aren't very surround-obvious, but the album winds up filling the room by the third and fourth songs. Not too gimmicky, the right mix for multichannel, in my opinion.

The audio is, as far as I can tell, limited to Dolby Digital 5.1 and stereo (either DD or PCM; doesn't say on the menu); apparently, there's no high-resolution DVD-A audio track (though the "Advanced Resolution" logo is on the package. I'm still just using a DVD-video player for multichannel music, though, so I may not know enough to be an authority.

There's additional material on the DVD, including an in-studio acoustic performance of most of the songs on the album. This can be audio-only, with just the songs themselves playing, or a video piece complete with between-song banter and applause from the tiny audience. Stereo only for both options.

There's also, according to the menu, some other studio footage, but I haven't watched that.

Decent product, and at just a few dollars more than the standard CD (but priced pretty well in line with many DVD-A titles), a worthwhile way to get the album in formats compatible with all of your equipment.

FeisalK

Screenwriter
Sean

there are hi-rez tracks (both surround and stereo in 96/24). even the extra unreleased track is in 5.1

Haven't heard the whole album enough to judge, but the acoustic studio session video is a load of fun :) looks like they were having fun too. Now i wish they'd done a discrete 5.1 mix of the studio session and put you in the middle

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
One of their better recent albums. Gotta give it a couple listens and before you know it, they all sound like old friends.

LOVE the DVD-A release with the CD. THe acoustic studio session video is awesome. Surround mix is excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks